Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TRS19 SP1 Beta Update 104017 (PC) and 104042 (Mac)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I confirm: in CM selected assets are now displayed black on a dark blue background.
    That problem is NOT present in build 104017 - highlighted assets are white on dark blue background.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 (RC beta) 105476

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    104016 just happened to coincide with my wanting to install some of my payware into my Plus Beta install. In 104016 my "Content Store" downloads of payware packages FAIL with "Package installation failed to provide any of the expected packages......" I have tried four different items several times and results are the same... failure...

Edit: Previous "Content Store" version worked fine. "Asset Downloader" in 100240 works fine (ie: I have no internet/connecton issues)

- Anyone? This should be easy to verify or not..... N3V?
    TRS19 SP1(Plus), 105100(plus), 105458(plus beta)
    ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce

United States of America, Louisiana, New Orleans

Just installed latest patch 103369 -> 104017.

On my test route there are three level crossings and a road traffic intersection with a controlling traffic signal.

In 103369 all worked fine. now non of them work. gates open and close but traffic merrily rolls on through anyway.

Road traffic stops in all directions and stays stopped even though the signal cycles.

In addition putting a train into AI mode and selecting "drive" causes the train to move at 6 mph, no matter the allowable track speed.

I've tried everything I can think of. Content rebuild, reboot my PC, Re-saved each bit of each crossing. Still no luck.

I should not have to do this after a patch install. Very disappointing.
    Chris (nawlins)
    "If all else fails, read the instructions."

Superscript bogies are still broken. Also superscript lamps have now stopped working since the last beta.

paul_bert - can you narrow down the variables. Please check the station asset on it's own, check with different locos, and provide us with KUIDs to check what is happening differently.

edh6 -
    Superscript bogies are still broken.
    >>
    Please explain what is broken. Were they working in the previous build.

Also superscript lamps have now stopped working since the last beta.
    >>
    Please provide a couple of example KUIDs

nawlins
    On my test route there are three level crossings and a road traffic intersection with a controlling traffic signal.
    >>
    Please provide KUIDs

In 103369 all worked fine. now non of them work. gates open and close but traffic merrily rolls on through anyway.
    Road traffic stops in all directions and stays stopped even though the signal cycles.
    >>
    I'm missing something here - these two sentences sound contradictory. Traffic rolls through/stops? Please explain more.

In addition putting a train into AI mode and selecting "drive" causes the train to move at 6 mph, no matter the allowable track speed.
    >>
    We're unable to repro this. Please check what other variables are required (check on a test map with the same rolling stock, signals

I should not have to do this after a patch install. Very disappointing.
    >>
    There are 500,000 items we need to check, and infinite combinations of using those items. Unfortunately the best way to find out problems is through external beat testing. Rather than being disappointed, think of it as contributing to the community.

The alternative is no more updates ever (or of course you can skip the beta testing phase and hope someone else finds the issue and reports it, otherwise you'll find the problem in the official release.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Think we are getting the two betas mixed up here?
    Malc

Intensive testing of Build 104017 indicates that the claimed fix for CTDs when nearby locos approach 64 MPH in external camera view is NOT working for this particular build.
    Indeed, this (simulated Doppler effect?) 3D sound-induced crash sometimes occurs at lower speeds when the vehicle is approaching the camera. Tested using several sessions/ many different consists, etc.
    Work-around 'fix' of turning off in-game sound still applies, but it is now quite annoying to run sessions in Driver mode with all sounds turned off to ensure continuity.
    T:ANE release candidate SP4 build 102323 is not affected by this CTD issue in similar sessions/ scenarios.
    So what has changed?

1. Signals are dark
    2. Visible loads do not appear on a rail cars even when queues show loaded in info box and loads labels display over rail cars.
    3. FT fixed track <kuid:-25:532> does not appear in surveyor and cannot be placed on route. Other track in this series has the same problems

John

Signals are dark
    Known issue for JR signals. Fixed internally (relates to a unique way their signals are set up)

Visible loads do not appear on a rail cars even when queues show loaded in info box and loads labels display over rail cars.
    Thanks for the report. Are the loads invisible in Surveyor only?

You can show/hide commodity labels in Display menu in Driver. This will then take effect in Surveyor

FT fixed track <kuid:-25:532> does not appear in surveyor and cannot be placed on route. Other track in this series has the same problems
    Thanks for the report. (Workaround for now - move the track after placing it)

Intensive testing of Build 104017 indicates that the claimed fix for CTDs when nearby locos approach 64 MPH in external camera view is NOT working for this particular build.
    Ouch - we only have one system that can/could repro this and it worked fine after the "fix".

[Update: If using Roaming camera and moving in front of the train the CTD can be reproduced].

Meanwhile, can you try turning off the 3D sound option in Sound Settings to see if that solves the problem.
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; November 6th, 2019 at 08:52 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

Ouch - we only have one system that can/could repro this and it worked fine after the "fix".
    The fix was also a workaround to a OpenAL bug rather than our code, but I'll see what our next options are.
    Will continue to test using different sound cards/ sound sub-systems/ drivers, but would much prefer to use my high-end ASUS discrete PCIe sound card in any event.
    BTW, Upon reflection, this problem manifested itself with earlier builds of TRS19 (but not the first, as I recall) then disappeared for quite a while (e.g. Builds 98149, 98299, 98592) until about Build 100240, when it reasserted itself.
    Question: What is different in the OpenAL code for T:ANE SP4 RC and this current TRS19 build? Same session scenario/ assets, etc. in T:ANE do NOT have this CTD problem.

Edit update following further tests: Crash to desktop still occurs when 3D sound is turned 'Off' and sound volume is set to any level other than 'Off'.
    Changing the sound card and drivers to either the (mobo built-in) Realtek or nVidia High Definition Audio resulted in zero CTDs under the same known trigger conditions (but execrable sound quality via the monitors' built-in speaker output!)
    Interestingly, when moving it back to the ASUS Xonar HDAV 7.1 surround-sound system and fiddling again with the audio stream sample rate frequency, this also resulted in zero CTDs!
    Will continue to test...
    Last edited by PC_Ace; November 7th, 2019 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Added results of requested trial...

JR's MiJack worked perfectly in build 103443. Patched to build 104017 and the MiJack is non-responsive.
    NO changes were made to the route or session, just the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by tallyken View Post
    JR's MiJack worked perfectly in build 103443. Patched to build 104017 and the MiJack is non-responsive.
    NO changes were made to the route or session, just the patch.
    Are you talking about cab mode here? Checking the engine spec for <kuid2:45324:1151:2> MiJack 1200R engine it certainly looks way out of whack with a top speed of 8mph.

It looks almost like there is an incorrect decimal point in the throttle power setup. This should probably be 278 not 2.78. There is also no dynamic brake entry (perhaps prototypical?).

{
    0.00 2.78
    0.15 2.78
    0.45 2.78

I'd be very surprised if it worked previously

Checking the DCC mode, it is set to max accel of 1500 whereas 15000 is a more normal figure.

Changing this and adding a 0 to the max decel meant it works fine.

Are you sure it ever worked correctly?
    Tony Hilliam

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Are you talking about cab mode here?
    I'd be very surprised if it worked previously
    Are you sure it ever worked correctly?
    -There is no cab mode.
    -Be surprised.
    -Of course I'm just lying about it having worked correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by tallyken View Post
    -There is no cab mode.
    -Be surprised.
    -Of course I'm just lying about it having worked correctly.
    There is no cab mode.
    >>
    How so?

Of course I am not suggesting you are lying, but rather something in your testing does not match the information provided so far (since we cannot see the same problem you're seeing).

Which loco are you testing this in as our tests of the engine spec show no difference between any build. Perhaps it requires a uniquely set up loco as well (since the engine spec is clearly under-powered).

Update:
    After QA have done further investigation, it appears "Mijack" is an engine spec for a crane, not a loco. (This type of information when reporting a bug is very useful to avoid QA trying to use a crane engine to move a loco).

Once we have found and installed the crane, it also works fine in 104017 (and it the release today 104261).

Please advise if it isn't working for you. If so, what is the KUID of the crane, the engine, do they show as modified etc.
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; November 11th, 2019 at 12:51 AM.
    Tony Hilliam

Has build 103368 (Mac) on the Trainz Plus Beta stream become a dead end? Or, how soon is soon?