Trainz Plus Beta Update 104016 (PC) and 104021 (Mac)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've released an update for Trainz Plus users which resolves issues identified in the previous beta. Note this build is a beta release, but should be very close to a final candidate.

It is not related to the "SP1" beta that is available for non Trainz Plus users (but does include those bug fixes plus a few more Trainz Plus related fixes).

Trainz Plus users can update from their current builds using the "Trainz Plus Beta" stream:

PC - 103369 to 103443
PC - 103443 to 104016

Mac - 100331 to 103368*
Mac - 103368 to 104021*
* Coming soon

Sorry we don't have a full ist at the current time, but fixes include resolving the crash when deleting multiple DLC items at once, a number of pause-related fixes, and fixes for various regressions in driver and surveyor.

If you reported a bug and it didn't get fixed, please follow up with another report to ensure we have the necessary details.

Known issues:
Ranked Session score/clock hidden by toggling UDS
Untranslated strings not showing English text as fallback
Latest translations not yet integrated

Last edited:
Confusing times. I have got 104017 and I am NOT on Plus - perhaps Tony got the numbers mixed up?

In the other thread Tony has told, that the Trainz Plus Beta Update is indeed 104016 (PC)

My first impressions of the new update:

- driver setup rule
It is running! My existing session with two or three hundred locomotives by steamlocomotiveworks is populated with all drivers anew. I hope that T:ANE will be fixed too.
The rule seems to me, to be not very stable. With the existing session I had to delete the rule at first, and add it once more. Trying that, there was one ore two times a script error, and sometimes the drivers have gone on strike ;).

- AI wayfinding
It seems to me, to be a little smoother, that is, the signals are realized a little bit faster.

- Content Manager
Here I noticed two bugs (N3V is informed).
-- A lot of assets are faulty with the errors "- <kuid:203554:100139> VE179: The kuid '<kuid2:68787:1687:1>' specified in 'default-mesh' is not of the correct type." It seems to me, that the mentioned kuids are of the correct type.
Redownloading the assets was to no avail, an Extended Database Repair was to no avail too.
-- The command "List Dependants" is leading not to an empty window of the Content Manager, if there are no dependants, but to an window, with always the same line: "<kuid:-1:0> f7_bogey, Available for download, Obsolete, Auran", which is obviously not an dependant of thousend of assets.

Regards
Swordfish

- Content Manager
-- A lot of assets are faulty with the errors "- <kuid:203554:100139> VE179: The kuid '<kuid2:68787:1687:1>' specified in 'default-mesh' is not of the correct type." It seems to me, that the mentioned kuids are of the correct type.
Redownloading the assets was to no avail, an Extended Database Repair was to no avail too.
-- The command "List Dependants" is leading not to an empty window of the Content Manager, if there are no dependants, but to an window, with always the same line: "<kuid:-1:0> f7_bogey, Available for download, Obsolete, Auran", which is obviously not an dependant of thousend of assets.

Build 104016 too, but I don't have those issues.

I have the same issue as well with the mesh is not of the correct type for the same assets.

All of the regions I use are broken because of it.

What is the correct type versus what's wrong with these?

Oops, my apologies. I double checked that and still got it wrong - updated to the correct 104016 title and build.

Too many sub-divided products. For years this has been the trait of Trainz. A new customer has to sort through the maze. A traveling marketing consultant stopped in town one day and convinced N3v that a customer that buys a product for region-1 will eventually want to try other regions and make another purchase. Too late, the customer realizes that they should have bought the universal product.

What the traveling marketing guru did not tell N3V is that maintaining a multiple product inventory can be a real pain for accounting, marketing, sales, senior management and engineering. But perhaps it was worth it $$$$$.

Updated to 104016, I too have the faulty asset with mesh of wrong type. My biggest problem is that the assets list in surveyor now appears to be sorted by author rather than descending alphabetically, this makes it almost impossible to find the asset needed. There also does not appear to be any way to sort the list any other way. Its really dented my motivation for route building because I can't find anything.
Graeme

Updated to 104016, I too have the faulty asset with mesh of wrong type.
We're investigating this - please provide some example KUIDs of items affected.

My biggest problem is that the assets list in surveyor now appears to be sorted by author rather than descending alphabetically, this makes it almost impossible to find the asset needed.
Say what? I've never seen that one. :eek:
Is this in each of the tool tabs on the right? Are you sure?
Check that you don't have a search filter set.

We're investigating this - please provide some example KUIDs of items affected.

Say what? I've never seen that one. :eek:
Is this in each of the tool tabs on the right? Are you sure?
Check that you don't have a search filter set.
Thanks Tony, a couple of the kuids are:
kuid:203554:100138, 100139, 100143, etc. (Modern cars mod 1 - 8)
Region Post War America kuid2:204652:100099:4

With the asset list it is only the paint tab affected:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I have tried setting and resetting filters in the search box, all other tabs act as expected. The paint tab does not change when Author or Name filters selected whereas all others do.
Yep, I've never seen this one either, everything checked and all settings the same as in previous beta version.
cheers
Graeme

Great find Graeme.

I have figured out the ordering - it is (for reasons not yet known) sorted by "Date Installed".

That will be an interesting one to find out which line of code fixing some bug or other altered the order of textures.

Great find Graeme.

I have figured out the ordering - it is (for reasons not yet known) sorted by "Date Installed".

That will be an interesting one to find out which line of code fixing some bug or other altered the order of textures.
No worries Tony, :)
I temporarily got around it by making a new pick list with all of the 4.6 build textures sorted alphabetically.
cheers
Graeme

The AI seems to be better in this version:

I have a long track in a yard with a yellow signal at its end.
From Trainz Railroad Simulator 2004 to TRS2019 an AI-consist was driving the whole length of this track with 22-23/40 mph.
Now the AI-consist is driving two-third or three-fourth of this track with 40/40 mph, before reducing the speed to 22-23/40 mph. :)

Where is light there is also shadow:
The Doppler shift seems to be broken. There is no longer a change of pitch with the sound and the horn. :confused:

Regards
Swordfish

Major bug on Locos made with PBR?? in 10416

Do not appear in Preview asset, did on previous builds.
Vanish in game when zooming slightly out, lod not working at all other than now you see it now you don't.

Bug report submitted with screenshots.

Affected are edh6's new L&B locos at 4.6

<kuid2:403746:2187:2> L&B Lew - SR Livery
<kuid2:403746:2189:2> FR Lyd - BR Livery
<kuid2:403746:2188:2> FR Lyd - SR Livery

Locos made with traditional methods are not affected.

The three listed are on the DLS others still in beta, for info Ed's new version of Lyn awaiting approval is also affected.

Last edited:
<kuid2:101046:100236:29> Right-Hand Drive DES is fine in T:ANE but faulty in TRS19 with errors:

VE179: The kuid '<kuid:101046:107037>' specified in 'car3' is not of the correct type.
VE179: The kuid '<kuid:461543:100169>' specified in 'car44' is not of the correct type.
VE179: The kuid '<kuid:461543:100194>' specified in 'car47' is not of the correct type.
VE179: The kuid '<kuid:461543:1118>' specified in 'car52' is not of the correct type.

<kuid2:101046:100236:29> Right-Hand Drive DES is fine in T:ANE but faulty in TRS19 with errors:

VE179: The kuid '<kuid:101046:107037>' specified in 'car3' is not of the correct type.
VE179: The kuid '<kuid:461543:100169>' specified in 'car44' is not of the correct type.
VE179: The kuid '<kuid:461543:100194>' specified in 'car47' is not of the correct type.
VE179: The kuid '<kuid:461543:1118>' specified in 'car52' is not of the correct type.

Just a note on VE179 - in every case that we've reviewed, TRS19 is correct and T:ANE is not. Since there are a number of such cases, we'll probably make this a warning for older assets just to avoid breaking them, but as a creator you should treat this as an error and you should be aware that the tag(s) in question will not work, even in T:ANE.

chris

Back