Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus Beta Update 104016 (PC) and 104021 (Mac)

Default Trainz Plus Beta Update 104016 (PC) and 104021 (Mac)

We've released an update for Trainz Plus users which resolves issues identified in the previous beta. Note this build is a beta release, but should be very close to a final candidate.

It is not related to the "SP1" beta that is available for non Trainz Plus users (but does include those bug fixes plus a few more Trainz Plus related fixes).

Trainz Plus users can update from their current builds using the "Trainz Plus Beta" stream:

PC - 103369 to 103443
    PC - 103443 to 104016

Mac - 100331 to 103368*
    Mac - 103368 to 104021*
    * Coming soon

Sorry we don't have a full ist at the current time, but fixes include resolving the crash when deleting multiple DLC items at once, a number of pause-related fixes, and fixes for various regressions in driver and surveyor.

If you reported a bug and it didn't get fixed, please follow up with another report to ensure we have the necessary details.

Known issues:
    Ranked Session score/clock hidden by toggling UDS
    Untranslated strings not showing English text as fallback
    Latest translations not yet integrated
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; October 31st, 2019 at 06:26 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Not got 104017 but 104016 and I'm on Plus?
    Last edited by clam1952; October 31st, 2019 at 07:41 AM.
    Malc

Blog Entries

Confusing times. I have got 104017 and I am NOT on Plus - perhaps Tony got the numbers mixed up?
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

United States of America, Calif., Greenville
    Blog Entries

What Malc said.......
    This is NOT a Test, I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Not got 104017 but 104016 and I'm on Plus?
    Same here.
    Trainz user since May 2003
    * i7-6700K 4GHz * GTX 980Ti * 32GB DDR4 2666mhz * 500GB SSD *

Quote Originally Posted by JanRasmussen View Post
    Same here.

Likewise...
    0njugh09gy76tr6v65c5cr5dxc68rx7s5x4sop9jbnh89u7gvg 67f

In the other thread Tony has told, that the Trainz Plus Beta Update is indeed 104016 (PC)

My first impressions of the new update:

- driver setup rule
    It is running! My existing session with two or three hundred locomotives by steamlocomotiveworks is populated with all drivers anew. I hope that T:ANE will be fixed too.
    The rule seems to me, to be not very stable. With the existing session I had to delete the rule at first, and add it once more. Trying that, there was one ore two times a script error, and sometimes the drivers have gone on strike .

- AI wayfinding
    It seems to me, to be a little smoother, that is, the signals are realized a little bit faster.

- Content Manager
    Here I noticed two bugs (N3V is informed).
    -- A lot of assets are faulty with the errors "- <kuid:203554:100139> VE179: The kuid '<kuid2:68787:1687:1>' specified in 'default-mesh' is not of the correct type." It seems to me, that the mentioned kuids are of the correct type.
    Redownloading the assets was to no avail, an Extended Database Repair was to no avail too.
    -- The command "List Dependants" is leading not to an empty window of the Content Manager, if there are no dependants, but to an window, with always the same line: "<kuid:-1:0> f7_bogey, Available for download, Obsolete, Auran", which is obviously not an dependant of thousend of assets.

Regards
    Swordfish

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
    - Content Manager
    -- A lot of assets are faulty with the errors "- <kuid:203554:100139> VE179: The kuid '<kuid2:68787:1687:1>' specified in 'default-mesh' is not of the correct type." It seems to me, that the mentioned kuids are of the correct type.
    Redownloading the assets was to no avail, an Extended Database Repair was to no avail too.
    -- The command "List Dependants" is leading not to an empty window of the Content Manager, if there are no dependants, but to an window, with always the same line: "<kuid:-1:0> f7_bogey, Available for download, Obsolete, Auran", which is obviously not an dependant of thousend of assets.
    Build 104016 too, but I don't have those issues.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I have the same issue as well with the mesh is not of the correct type for the same assets.

All of the regions I use are broken because of it.

What is the correct type versus what's wrong with these?
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Oops, my apologies. I double checked that and still got it wrong - updated to the correct 104016 title and build.
    Tony Hilliam

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Too many sub-divided products. For years this has been the trait of Trainz. A new customer has to sort through the maze. A traveling marketing consultant stopped in town one day and convinced N3v that a customer that buys a product for region-1 will eventually want to try other regions and make another purchase. Too late, the customer realizes that they should have bought the universal product.

What the traveling marketing guru did not tell N3V is that maintaining a multiple product inventory can be a real pain for accounting, marketing, sales, senior management and engineering. But perhaps it was worth it $$$$$.
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 4gb video card

Updated to 104016, I too have the faulty asset with mesh of wrong type. My biggest problem is that the assets list in surveyor now appears to be sorted by author rather than descending alphabetically, this makes it almost impossible to find the asset needed. There also does not appear to be any way to sort the list any other way. Its really dented my motivation for route building because I can't find anything.
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Updated to 104016, I too have the faulty asset with mesh of wrong type.
    We're investigating this - please provide some example KUIDs of items affected.

My biggest problem is that the assets list in surveyor now appears to be sorted by author rather than descending alphabetically, this makes it almost impossible to find the asset needed.
    Say what? I've never seen that one.
    Is this in each of the tool tabs on the right? Are you sure?
    Check that you don't have a search filter set.
    Tony Hilliam

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    We're investigating this - please provide some example KUIDs of items affected.

Say what? I've never seen that one.
    Is this in each of the tool tabs on the right? Are you sure?
    Check that you don't have a search filter set.
    Thanks Tony, a couple of the kuids are:
    kuid:203554:100138, 100139, 100143, etc. (Modern cars mod 1 - 8)
    Region Post War America kuid2:204652:100099:4

With the asset list it is only the paint tab affected:

I have tried setting and resetting filters in the search box, all other tabs act as expected. The paint tab does not change when Author or Name filters selected whereas all others do.
    Yep, I've never seen this one either, everything checked and all settings the same as in previous beta version.
    cheers
    Graeme

Great find Graeme.

I have figured out the ordering - it is (for reasons not yet known) sorted by "Date Installed".

That will be an interesting one to find out which line of code fixing some bug or other altered the order of textures.
    Tony Hilliam