Trainz Plus Beta Update 104016 (PC) and 104021 (Mac)

What’s even more frustrating and puzzling is that I have two installations of this build and one shows the faults and the other is fine. But last week it was reversed. In neither case was rebuild of the data base done.

What was different however was that I downloaded a new route, and it’s associated assets on one build and not the other. Somehow this seems to have triggered some validation checks which resulted in some assets now appearing faulty. The problem is we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes in CM, at least I don’t.

Last edited:
<kuid2:97008:2948409:1> Shed Vanderfield is built in but obsolete. It can not be deleted and when it is open for edit all my faults are gone. But it wont stay open as it keeps going back to installed and then I have loads of faults again. It seems that obsolete built ins are still influencing the assets.

<kuid2:97008:2948409:1> Shed Vanderfield is built in but obsolete. It can not be deleted and when it is open for edit all my faults are gone. But it wont stay open as it keeps going back to installed and then I have loads of faults again. It seems that obsolete built ins are still influencing the assets.

<kuid2:97008:2948409:2> is on the DLS, it's installed here and there are no problems.

As Malc is saying, download <kuid2:97008:2948409:2> it will override the build-in version.

Cheers,

Bill.

I have got <kuid2:97008:2948409:2> installed but the previous version is built in and is over riding the newer version by the obsolete table which obsoletes its self. Only when it is open for edit do all assets appear without fault. As soon as I start trainz the asset is back in the installed section as obsolete and the other assets are faulty again.

kuid <kuid:-25:1310>
category-class "JI"
description "Willem2 icon for display in Surveyor window."
trainz-build 3.6
username "W2 icon"
texture "icon_W2.texture"
kind "texture"

obsolete-table
{
0 <kuid2:97008:29081948:2>
}

This needs to obsolete <kuid:97008:29081948> to eliminate shed vandfield from using its obsolete table.

Track popping up gradually as the camera moves forward:

QVRpV.jpg

Well, I just wadded through this whole thread and the common "thread" seems to be that TRS 19 (104016) is completely unstable and loves to act as if it is really "off the rails"!!!
Waiting for the next chapter in the TRS 19 saga.........

DaveL

<kuid2:97008:2948409:2> obsolete
>> this asset has been fixed for the next update.

HPL - please provide the KUID for the track, which camera mode you're in (does it make any difference changing camera mode), draw distance setting. Thanks.

Cabin controls seem to be a bit wonky in cab mode.
>>
We're looking into this one.

VE179 error:
>>
Although the assets are actually faulty, this will be made a warning for 4.6.

In terms of why they show faulty then don't, we're looking into this one.

Autodrive command is working fine in build 104017. I was able to add it to the instruction set without any problems.

Also working fine in 104016 here.

Please retry on a test route, and if the issue is limited to a single route, see if you can spot the difference.

HPL - please provide the KUID for the track, which camera mode you're in (does it make any difference changing camera mode), draw distance setting. Thanks.

Track is "Built-in": <kuid2:506034:578260:11> JR US track #1-132 rust (narrow ballast)
Camera mode: 2 (no change if set to another)
Draw distance setting: 15,000 (capped at 6,000 in the config)

There are two parallel tracks, the other one is "Built-in" too: <kuid2:506034:578257:9> JR US track #1-132 (narrow ballast) and displays correctly.

Route is <kuid2:203554:100558:7> NS Sandusky District - Stage 1 (all deps on DLS).

What's that mess? When I go to the route menu, I'm advertised for a new one: "TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains Beavermouth to Ottertail". If I click it, it goes to something that has nothing to do with it. If I go to "Content Store", it is listed twice, one with an "Uninstall" button (it is NOT installed!), one with a "USD$ 39.90" button. If I click the latter, a page opens saying: "404 Not Found This page is a figment of your imagination!"...

Not sure whether this is the right thread... but here goes: has build 103368 (Mac) come to a dead-end in the Trainz Beta Plus stream?
The OP says an update * (coming soon), but that was 30 Oct/19, or should we stretch the meaning of "soon"?

hkoster1 - sorry for the delay in updating the thread. Original post updated. In theory there will be an update this week (subject to passing the final tests this time around).

HPL - thanks for the heads up. Looks like something was updated in the back-end a little early for the Rocky Mountains route.
Also thanks for the KUIDs for the track. Clearly that track has changed behaviour so it's gone to the experts to determine the reason(s) and outcomes.

Back