Upgraded to TRS2019- Have a few "get started" questions

BlackDiamond1964

Shadow Banned By N3V
I spent the last 24 hours importing my work from Tane to TRS2019. I looked over my project and had very few issues. I did notice that my track's ballast has lost it's contrast and looks dull.
2019-10-29-223241.jpg

2019-10-29-223509.jpg

Is there a fix for this?

More questions to follow.

Ok, nobody willing to answer that question so I'll move onto the next...

1. At this point what is the best format to create content in TRS2019. I see a lot of people complaining about the PBR process.

2. What is the best Blender version to use? did the fix the .fbx export for 2.8?

3. I found that the trees I planned on using for my project look horrible in TRS2019. Are there any billboard type trees that do look good in TRS2019? Or am I stuck with speed trees?

4. What is with the shadowing in TRS2019? I stay in once spot on the route, I look in one direction and the landscape looks like a shadow has been cast over the scene. I look the opposite direction and everything look sunny and bright. Is that normal?

I'm only into this a year but I will ask... have you checked environment lighting? I'm not "with it" enough to know if it could especially affect track ballast but it's something I'd suggest you look at if you have not played with it. There have been lot's of "comments" in the forums about TRS19 lighting and how hard it is to "get right."

If you are an expert with lighting and such then I'm sorry to suggest what you already may know. I can see I'm way behind where yo are....

Adjust your lighting...

Go into Environment settings... in Surveyor.

Reset the lighting to remove any settings brought over from T:ANE. This will lighten up the scene for you.

attachment.php

Yes this is TRS2019 all adjusted with brighter lighting!

While in Surveyor, I also set my time to Noon so as to have my shadows overhead. It doesn't remove the shadows 100% but it's a lot better.

The track, however, is another issue. It has something to do with the textures. I unfortunately don't remember what the parameters are for the textures, but if you created the track yourself, you maybe able to fix that by adjusting the textures. If not maybe you can do it anyway. Hopefully someone comes along and can help you with this.

For your driving sessions, you can adjust the fog, sun brightness, and ambient light. Yes there are now these other two settings that are missing from T:ANE, and with some tweaking you can get the sunlight to be what you want.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2019-01-26 175100.jpg
    2019-01-26 175100.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 2018-08-27 220044.jpg
    2018-08-27 220044.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 104
Thanks for the info. We all must crawl before we walk. In TRS2019 I'm at a very slow crawl at the moment. I will reset the lighting settings.
Any information at this point is new information to me!

Thanks for the info. We all must crawl before we walk. In TRS2019 I'm at a very slow crawl at the moment. I will reset the lighting settings.
Any information at this point is new information to me!

Here you go, Scott.

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Environment_Tools

Crawling will become quicker once you figure out the altered interface. For the most part once you're in Surveyor and whatnot, things are still the same. If you have the regular TRS19 version, you don't have the unified Driver-Surveyor interface which is still buggy and still in beta so any references anywhere can be ignored.

I'm still lost when it comes to trees. I had planed to use clam1952's billboard tree set on my route. When I tested these trees in TRS2019 they no longer looked right. Can billboard trees be used in TRS2019?

Maybe check the freeware postings by Jankvis and others. There is a great new way to modify older trees to 2019, and people are posting more and more of these trees to the DLS....

Maybe check the freeware postings by Jankvis and others. There is a great new way to modify older trees to 2019, and people are posting more and more of these trees to the DLS....
Billboards don't fair well in TRS2019 due to the shaders. Those are my re-meshed Trunda billboards using Jankvis' freeware DIY Billboard Speedware mesh.

jankvis_tree2019_10.jpg

If you lower the "Shader Quality" to low the trees render correctly but all the TRS2019 features are lost; PBR, etc.. At low "Shader quality" the equipment looks like TS12.

jankvis_tree2019_11.jpg

That is why I went back to TANE was the Jankvis DIY Billboard Speedtrees. Now I can have good looking North American trees.

tane4_0080.jpg

Harold

Last edited:
Billboards don't fair well in TRS2019 due to the shaders. Those are my re-meshed Trunda billboards using Jankvis' freeware DIY Billboard Speedware mesh.

If you lower the "Shader Quality" to low the trees render correctly but all the TRS2019 features are lost; PBR, etc.. At low "Shader quality" the equipment looks like TS12.

That is why I went back to TANE was the Jankvis DIY Billboard Speedtrees. Now I can have good looking North American trees.

Harold

Ouch! I guess it's all speed trees if I want to stay with TRS2019! Thanks for the information Harold.

Ouch! I guess it's all speed trees if I want to stay with TRS2019! Thanks for the information Harold.
Found very few SpeedTrees that looked good or North American.

Mcquirel's are the best North American. The rmm's are definitely European.

None render well at a distance in TANE or TRS2019 due to fact the LOD's are flat cutouts.

Harold

Last edited:
Found very few SpeedTrees that looked good or North American.

Mcquirel's are the best North American. The rmm's are definitely European.

None render well at a distance in TANE or TRS2019 due to fact the LOD's are flat cutouts.

Harold

Your last two pictures are the look, (greenage) I'm looking for. I may need to go back to Tane to get that look.

Back