Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Out of action for awhile

Thanks all for the best wishes folks it is muchly appreciated. Unfortunately Phil I can not Trainz as all my training stuff is on the home PC which I can not get to because I am stuck in bed in hospital and will be for weeks if not months,
    The plate on the femur seems to be going ok but I still can not put weight on it at all and the hips are just just going to heal naturally according to the doctors.
    The physio types are not happy with how my house is set up for this type of disability and I don't even think I could fit the wheel chair I have thru most of the doors.
    Wifey is helping a lot she wants to lock me in the garage in a pen so the dogs won't bother me lol. Just going to take sum time till I can back to my fav hobby is all.
    Cheers Mick.

Blog Entries

Really sorry to hear this Mick. Hope your recovery is quicker than expected, and as painless as possible. And hopefully you'll be back home, as quickly as possible, staying in hospital isn't fun.

At least you have some internet access, hopefully you can find enough to keep you busy while you recover.

Regards
    Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
    N3V Games (Auran)

*Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.

Sounds awful, hope your recovery is as swift as can be and that you can get home ASAP !
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

That doesn't sound like much fun, best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Malc

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

So sorry to hear this Mick.

Hopefully you'll be up and around and Trainzing sooner than you think. Usually with hip replacements, the hospital has the patient up and about the next day. With your femur injury, this might be longer, but hopefully not weeks or not months.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

United States of America, Tennessee, Chattanooga
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear this and the same thing happened to my grandmother in 2007 but she passed away this January
    - Micah

Ouch that's painful, I hope you have a great and speedy recovery.

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear this Mick. Can't imagine how much pain you're in right now. Hope your recovery goes well and goes quickly!
    Best Regards,
    -Ace
    T:ANE Build 94916

Quote Originally Posted by matruck View Post
    Thanks all for the best wishes folks it is muchly appreciated. Unfortunately Phil I can not Trainz as all my training stuff is on the home PC which I can not get to because I am stuck in bed in hospital and will be for weeks if not months,
    The plate on the femur seems to be going ok but I still can not put weight on it at all and the hips are just just going to heal naturally according to the doctors.
    The physio types are not happy with how my house is set up for this type of disability and I don't even think I could fit the wheel chair I have thru most of the doors.
    Wifey is helping a lot she wants to lock me in the garage in a pen so the dogs won't bother me lol. Just going to take sum time till I can back to my fav hobby is all.
    Cheers Mick.

Have you thought about a lap top? The normal business ones will just about run TANE if you're very very selective hence Middleton for lap tops. Blender will run and I'm sure people can suggest a list of things they'd love to see.

You have my sympathy, when we rode the bikes the dread was always a broken femur. Depending how bad it was it could mean up to two years in hospital.

Cheerio John

Sorry to hear the news, hope your recovery is speedy.

Well after 32 days in hospital i am finally back home still a fair way to go before i can walk again, I'd like to thank you all for your best wishs and kind regards this is an amazing forum full of great people.
    Cheers Mick.

Good to hear,Mick. Hopefully they hve that computer desktop wheelchair accessible yes? . Right after U.S. Thanksgiving I go for a knee replacement, so I will be thinking of you while I am stuck in a recliner....
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” ― R.L.S.

Well, best wishes to both of you for a quick recovery. I'm avoiding knee replacement surgery, so far

Blog Entries

Welcome back Mick. Best advice I can suggest is to follow rehab as best you can. A hip replacement takes around 18 months to fully recover to the point where you forget about it, but that is minor compared to your injuries.

I found the hydro sessions really helpful so I hope you have a hydro pool in town.

Paul

Glad to hear youre back home. Hopes to a speedy recovery Mick!