Out of action for awhile

Sorry to hear this Mick. Can't imagine how much pain you're in right now. Hope your recovery goes well and goes quickly!

Thanks all for the best wishes folks it is muchly appreciated. Unfortunately Phil I can not Trainz as all my training stuff is on the home PC which I can not get to because I am stuck in bed in hospital and will be for weeks if not months,
The plate on the femur seems to be going ok but I still can not put weight on it at all and the hips are just just going to heal naturally according to the doctors.
The physio types are not happy with how my house is set up for this type of disability and I don't even think I could fit the wheel chair I have thru most of the doors.
Wifey is helping a lot she wants to lock me in the garage in a pen so the dogs won't bother me lol. Just going to take sum time till I can back to my fav hobby is all.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Have you thought about a lap top? The normal business ones will just about run TANE if you're very very selective hence Middleton for lap tops. Blender will run and I'm sure people can suggest a list of things they'd love to see.

You have my sympathy, when we rode the bikes the dread was always a broken femur. Depending how bad it was it could mean up to two years in hospital.

Cheerio John

Well after 32 days in hospital i am finally back home still a fair way to go before i can walk again, I'd like to thank you all for your best wishs and kind regards this is an amazing forum full of great people.

Good to hear,Mick. Hopefully they hve that computer desktop wheelchair accessible yes? :D. Right after U.S. Thanksgiving I go for a knee replacement, so I will be thinking of you while I am stuck in a recliner....

Well, best wishes to both of you for a quick recovery. I'm avoiding knee replacement surgery, so far :eek:

Welcome back Mick. Best advice I can suggest is to follow rehab as best you can. A hip replacement takes around 18 months to fully recover to the point where you forget about it, but that is minor compared to your injuries.

I found the hydro sessions really helpful so I hope you have a hydro pool in town.

@ Forester 1 first thing i checked when i got back home mate that the wheel chaier could fit under the desk the PC sit's on lol. I hope the knee replacement goes smoothly and your back home quick as possible.
@ Alikiwi probably better off getting it done mate whilst you can.
@ Pcas1986 Thanks Paul my first appointment is in January so it is no weight bearing on the leg's at all till then and I hope Rehab starts sum time soonish after that. The hips were fractured to the point the surgeon could of put a plate or bolts in there or what ever or he decided to let it heal naturally,
It was a large tree limb that actually bit me I should of zigged instead of zagging lol.
@ Adamovic Thanks Milo's 4 of your latest AC4400 that I grabbed yesterday are certainly going to help the healing process along mate lol.
Cheers Mick.:)

Geeeeez, Mick. Just saw this thread, not good. I wish you the best and a speedy recovery and it's good that your home.

Ya, falling/moving tree parts are not very forgiving, they tend to make their own way regardless if you're in the path or not.

I'll put you on the prayer list and with your permission tip a finger or two of scotch to a full recovery.

Regards,

LOL Permission granted of course John and I will join you but I'll have a beer instead mate, I did have an exit stragery in place and was wearing the correct gear and it was apart of my job to clear stuff like the limb hung up or if ya leave it and it falls down on the road for sum body to run into later that night then i wouldn't be happy with that so remove it we tried but as i was cutting the last branch with the pole saw i heard a crack and all of a sudden i was laying on the road with a limb across my hips I've never seen sum thing move so quick lol.
Anyway John it is in the past now so hopefully I'll be back to normal sum time in the new year.

Thanks Chris hopefully i can also get back into my one of my 500 trainz projects if i can concentrate enough lol.
Cheers Mick.:eek:

It's good news you're back home Mick. You must be pleased. I hope your recovery is speedy mate and you can go for a gallop around the block.

Take care, cheers!

Roy

Thanks Malc I will certainly be leaving trees alone for quite sum time mate, Thanks Roy i can get around the verandah in my trusty wheelchair but it is a bit of a drop onto the grass or tiles out past that mate so till I get more confidence I'll stick to doing laps where it is safe lol.

Recovery wishes being sent with continued Prayers

matruck.....

Good news to hear your home now.

I didn't realize this was a tree injury, I have done Trees for several years, long ago, when I was younger, and had some very close calls, due to lack of experience.
So very glad your negotiating your way back to better mobility now.......Sounds like you had a really good Surgeon and lots of Angels looking out for you.........

Wishing you a continuance to good recovery, steady as she goes there. We are all pulling for you!

@Forester1 sorry to hear you need a Knee Replacement,

I have issues from a bad full in my house years ago, down some stairs, and tore the meniscus pretty good, did some Ortho surgery to help it some, but someday, I probably need a Knee surgery too..... Hoping for a speedy recovery for you too........

Back