Permanent Rule Set?

boleyd

Is there a way to create, and maintain, a permanent set of rules so when I open a new route or route my standard set of rules is presented. There seems to be a vendor set and no way to add or subtract.

The only way that I can think of is to create a dummy session for a dummy route and add to it all the rules you want in your sessions. Load this into surveyor before you start your proper session.

In the Session Editor highlight all the rules, right mouse click on any one of them and select Copy.

Close the session and route.

Load the new route into surveyor and open the Session Editor

Delete all the vendor supplied rules

Right mouse click in the now blank rules area and select paste.

Last edited:
I can't really operate Steam engines very well in cab mode, but that doesn't mean I don't want any more. I run them in the easy mode. I download everything that I think is a nice or purchase. Steam, diesel or electric.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
Wow... Somewhere there is a vendor permanent rule set maintained. The small amount of code needed to either modify that or allow a parallel copy to be altered by the CUSTOMER seems like something an intern programmer could do. It is mostly a matter of copying existing code and registering it with the managing system as an editing function.

Wow... Somewhere there is a vendor permanent rule set maintained. The small amount of code needed to either modify that or allow a parallel copy to be altered by the CUSTOMER seems like something an intern programmer could do. It is mostly a matter of copying existing code and registering it with the managing system as an editing function.

I agree there has to be something somewhere such as a default set. The other possibility is to have an option not to load the default set and load a custom list instead.

While on the subject of driver rule- and command-sets, it would be nice if we could group the commands by function and put in our own dividers in between the sections, which would make things a lot easier too when searching the long list for commands.

----------
Couple
Uncouple
Couple At
----------
Drive To
Drive to track mark
Drive via track mark
Navigate To
Navigate to track mark
Navigate via track mark
--------