Portal Question

brucem56

Apologies for posting this in the wrong forum originally.

Can an unportal consume as well as emit trains? If I use a Track Mark as an unportal, can I set it to both emit and consume?

Thanks
Bruce

Last edited:
Never hear of an "unportal." However "portals" do consume trains as well as being able to produce them. To consume them all you need do is put a trackmark near them and tell the AI driver to go via trackmark (not to.)

Never hear of an "unportal." However "portals" do consume trains as well as being able to produce them. To consume them all you need do is put a trackmark near them and tell the AI driver to go via trackmark (not to.)

An unportal is a track mark assigned to a portal-function. Way cool and a way to get rid of those large fixed-track objects. An unportal should have all the functions of a regular portal.

An un-portal can be set to either emit or consume, but not both at the same time. If you try, it just swallows the emitted train. Use two individual un-portals instead.

Trevor

An un-portal can be set to either emit or consume, but not both at the same time. If you try, it just swallows the emitted train. Use two individual un-portals instead.

Trevor

Am I right, that the two un-portals can use the same trackmark?

Regards
Swordfish

@Swordfish - It might work that way but to play it safe, use two trackmarks to get the session working as required. Then try switching one of the portals to use the same trackmark as the other and report back if it works or not.

Cheers - Trevor

Hi

A bit of information about Un-portals for those who are unfamiliar with them.

Un-portals can produce a maximum of 99 consists. This figure is divided by the number of Un-portals on a route and the resultant figure is the maximum number of consists that an individual un-portal can produce. It doesn't matter if an un-portal only produces 1 consist it still is allocated the full amount.

There is also an Un-portal 2 command which works in a similar way. The main difference is that Un-portal 2 adds the whole consist immediately so it is essential to make sure that there is sufficient room for the whole consist to be added otherwise nothing happens. With Un-portal 2 the consist is stationary when it is produced while Un-portal produces moving consists like a normal portal.

Regards

Brian

I've been trying to use Un-portal 2 to send a consist to another area (Portal A consumes and returns consist 1 min later to another Portal). But this doesn't seem to work with Un-portals. Can't send to a trackmark. Anyone have experience or ideas about this?

Back