Add AI-driven trucking action: continuous drop-and-hook action at freight dock

JonMyrlennBailey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x79CyVj6lAY&feature=youtu.be

Backing up to a track mark, truck loading dock, with inconsistencies, not stopping on a dime at the exact same spot each and every time.
FmYJ6bJ.jpg

ql4E4BC.jpg

b7BudcE.jpg

Here is my improved warehouse, just completed tonight:
x5AUq6W.jpg

Last edited:
Please clarify the point you are trying to make (if there is any).

As a side note: you do know this is a train simulator, right?

Actually two points:

1. AI drivers don't consistently stop in the same place, there's somewhat a lack of precision in game play: the trucks backing to the dock most clearly show this: it's not nearly as noticeable that a train stopping at a station doesn't stop at the same spot each and every time: trucks often need more precision handling than RR trains
2. trucking action can be indeed added to a train game to avert boredom, many people here never thought about the truck content: man doesn't live by choo-choos alone

man those are some HUGE bricks on that Freight Company building. :p

I can't seem to find any 15-20 Meter high tall wall spline content with normal size bricks. That warehouse was constructed entirely
from scratch with existing available content. BIG brick Modelz wall was all I could scare up. (No pun intended being this is Halloween season).

It's a tall warehouse with a small footprint. Freight is stored on upper levels with implied service elevators inside to access the the upper floors.

The elevators will accommodate busy forklifts with loads.

It would be nice to also put windows on my home-rolled building as well. Black 10 m wall is what made the large freight doorways for forklifts to access.

Last edited:
man those are some HUGE bricks on that Freight Company building. :p

Mr. Snow, you gave me an idea. I could use your backdrop Modelz in sky blue to make my warehouse painted in sky blue.

Here you go Dave, thanks for the sky blue wall that now gives me a warehouse local railroad men and truck drivers know as the "Baby Blue Palace".

Oiv3Eam.jpg

Last edited:
The only point I see is making a tractor cab as being a loco in Trainz, with a rear end hitch point coupler, on the end hitch plate center hole.

And that tractor trailers would be custom configured as a traincar in Trainz, and would need to be likewise fitted with a coupler point @ 5' back from the front of the trailer, where the hitch pin would be located, or where a tandem trailer would be hitched on, as a secondary following trailer.

Like a little train of tractor trailers. But I absolutely hate trucks clogging the highways, when I am driving on the road.

Last edited:
Use brick wall splines to make the warehouse.

That would be painstaking to stack wall spine right over the top of each other, corner to corner.

Well, here's what I settled upon to make my final warehouse:

6 x Warehouse loading docks,<kuid2:70337:27040:1> by martinvk, A 4 x 16 x 32 module

Wall 10m dark stone weathered,<kuid2:283805:37921:1> by tmz06003, Original work by pgmetcalf reskinned by tmz06003 with permission from pgmetcalf.

8 x Streetlight-no pole,<kuid:134105:3000> by paulzmay, Streetlamp without pole, designed for attaching to tramway overhead poles, or walls. This version is a scenery object for you to place anywhere. Uses corona by CloakedGhost275.

2 x Door 7x3,<kuid2:117948:100117:1> by nawlins, Door 7x3. Original by johnwhelan. Reskinned with permission.

3 x Roof Ventilator,<kuid2:106916:10124:1> by gfisher, An industrial roof ventilator.

Cablebox,<kuid2:2000:37000:1> by zyryz, Cablebox in spline mode to lay beside the Danish rails that hold cables for the overhead wires

The six warehouse modules were stacked three high by two wide. You wouldn't believe how I got them all aligned at the corners.

The dark wall spline formed the new tall 4 meter-high freight doorways. I used the original short doors on the warehouse dock modules as a template for placing the new doors. The original dock doors were ridiculously short: clearance too low for tall forklift booms. I then rotated all six of the building modules so the original doors are hidden; they all now face inward toward the middle of the building interior.

The cablebox spline was used as flashing about the rooftop edges. The rooftop ventilators cover the small seam line spots in the middle of the roof where the lines are broken, don't meet exactly in the same places end to end.

That cablebox spline, by the way, has a million and one uses for Trainz route building. I discovered it purely by accident while searching for "cable" spline to string across telephone poles. I use it a lot for landscaping trim: concrete curbing, borders, flower boxes, tree trunk base trim, children's playground sandbox border, parking space bumpers and whatnot. Building flashing is my latest use of it. See th round sandbox in the picture with the children's merry-go-round in the middle. Cablebox spline leaves a serrated "Skilsaw teeth" pattern about its edges when formed into a circle.

8pPHdAh.jpg

epvQLzx.jpg

Last edited:
Stagecoach and vulcan the author, thank you for that <kuid2:60238:38165:2> Brick Wall 25m

This a brick wall, 25 metres high, with a concrete coping.

The wall is designed to be 4 metres above ground when placed, but can be raised to a maximum of about 25 metres to suit, although in practice an unsupported wall would not be used to this height. It may be bent to a suitable shape. Nominal panel length is 9 metres.

No need to use cablebox spline for roof edge flashing: the built-in concrete coping does the trick.:D

The Warehouse loading docks (modules) are still enclosed inside the brick wall and served as templates for laying the wall spline at the corners. This content also serves as the rooftop of the building.
Willie Wonka would be proud to call that brick warehouse his chocolate factory!

MofC8uf.jpg
r6JumV0.jpg

05TP3rb.jpg

Vy37mln.jpg

Last edited:
Back