Is anyone else having problems downloading from MediaFire?

normhart

Trainz Entry Level
I've checked a couple of trainz sites and, while the link from the site to MediaFire is fine, the download link from MediaFire to the file is returning "This page isn't working" HTTP ERROR 400

:(

Just checked my Mediafire account and test downloaded a couple of items and its working normally, maybe as I have an account though.

Test download for you, it's a small black TGA that I uploaded for someone http://www.mediafire.com/file/wuev1g1309r2tdt/black.tga/file

Thanks Malc, that link failed too. I'm unsure if it is my OS or Google or MediaFire that is screwing things up.

Edit, I tried opening with "Open link in incognito window" and it downloaded. Not sure what is going on. Repeated the incognito with the file I'd been trying to get and that worked too. Very odd.

Edit again I wonder, a few days ago I tried downloading all of USLW's content. I got about 3/4 done and MediaFire quit working. I suspect that MediaFire may think I'm a bot.

Huh, I'd forgotten that I'd gotten a free account with MF I was able to get in and delete a bunch of really old stuff but when I went to download one of my old files I got the same error.

Last edited:
Thanks Malc, that link failed too. I'm unsure if it is my OS or Google or MediaFire that is screwing things up.

Edit, I tried opening with "Open link in incognito window" and it downloaded. Not sure what is going on. Repeated the incognito with the file I'd been trying to get and that worked too. Very odd.

Edit again I wonder, a few days ago I tried downloading all of USLW's content. I got about 3/4 done and MediaFire quit working. I suspect that MediaFire may think I'm a bot.

Huh, I'd forgotten that I'd gotten a free account with MF I was able to get in and delete a bunch of really old stuff but when I went to download one of my old files I got the same error.

I recommend clearing your browser cookies and trying again. MF drops a cookie for logging in and tracking, and with your big download, it may have caused so hiccups or something.

FWIW, I got mixed results from you link, Malc. The first try took awhile, but I finally got to the MediaFire download page. Clicking on download, though, it sat for awhile. I usually expect the normal malware popup trying to fish me by telling me I need to download a fix, but instead the button just came back and said "need to repair your download?" With a link I was not about to click. I closed that out and tried click Malc's link again, and immediately got the malware popup and it made my computer beep. I was able to close it out and download the file, but the above is why I really don't like MediaFire, even though I realize a lot of folks use it. At least the malware allows you to close the "X" and go to the download, and if I am quick I can close it before it gets fully up. But again, FWIW, it does work. Maybe your Antimalware software is blocking it normhart?

I don't actually use Mediafire these days, It's only still there for the links I posted for various things in the past, I use Google Drive now.

Back