.
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Is anyone else having problems downloading from MediaFire?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Republic of California
    Posts
    6,845
     

    Default Is anyone else having problems downloading from MediaFire?

    I've checked a couple of trainz sites and, while the link from the site to MediaFire is fine, the download link from MediaFire to the file is returning "This page isn't working" HTTP ERROR 400

    Dear Ohio,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crewe, Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    15,191
     

    Default

    Just checked my Mediafire account and test downloaded a couple of items and its working normally, maybe as I have an account though.

    Test download for you, it's a small black TGA that I uploaded for someone http://www.mediafire.com/file/wuev1g...black.tga/file
    Malc


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Republic of California
    Posts
    6,845
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Just checked my Mediafire account and test downloaded a couple of items and its working normally, maybe as I have an account though.

    Test download for you, it's a small black TGA that I uploaded for someone http://www.mediafire.com/file/wuev1g...black.tga/file
    Thanks Malc, that link failed too. I'm unsure if it is my OS or Google or MediaFire that is screwing things up.

    Edit, I tried opening with "Open link in incognito window" and it downloaded. Not sure what is going on. Repeated the incognito with the file I'd been trying to get and that worked too. Very odd.

    Edit again I wonder, a few days ago I tried downloading all of USLW's content. I got about 3/4 done and MediaFire quit working. I suspect that MediaFire may think I'm a bot.

    Huh, I'd forgotten that I'd gotten a free account with MF I was able to get in and delete a bunch of really old stuff but when I went to download one of my old files I got the same error.
    Last edited by normhart; October 21st, 2019 at 01:31 PM.
    Dear Ohio,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    25,718
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    Thanks Malc, that link failed too. I'm unsure if it is my OS or Google or MediaFire that is screwing things up.

    Edit, I tried opening with "Open link in incognito window" and it downloaded. Not sure what is going on. Repeated the incognito with the file I'd been trying to get and that worked too. Very odd.

    Edit again I wonder, a few days ago I tried downloading all of USLW's content. I got about 3/4 done and MediaFire quit working. I suspect that MediaFire may think I'm a bot.

    Huh, I'd forgotten that I'd gotten a free account with MF I was able to get in and delete a bunch of really old stuff but when I went to download one of my old files I got the same error.
    I recommend clearing your browser cookies and trying again. MF drops a cookie for logging in and tracking, and with your big download, it may have caused so hiccups or something.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

  5. #5

    Default

    FWIW, I got mixed results from you link, Malc. The first try took awhile, but I finally got to the MediaFire download page. Clicking on download, though, it sat for awhile. I usually expect the normal malware popup trying to fish me by telling me I need to download a fix, but instead the button just came back and said "need to repair your download?" With a link I was not about to click. I closed that out and tried click Malc's link again, and immediately got the malware popup and it made my computer beep. I was able to close it out and download the file, but the above is why I really don't like MediaFire, even though I realize a lot of folks use it. At least the malware allows you to close the "X" and go to the download, and if I am quick I can close it before it gets fully up. But again, FWIW, it does work. Maybe your Antimalware software is blocking it normhart?
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” ― R.L.S.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crewe, Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    15,191
     

    Default

    I don't actually use Mediafire these days, It's only still there for the links I posted for various things in the past, I use Google Drive now.
    Malc


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    110
     

    Default

    I also had that problem as well had remove all cookies and it worked fine.
    Hello from the Centennial State.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Republic of California
    Posts
    6,845
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaeksa2423 View Post
    I also had that problem as well had remove all cookies and it worked fine.
    Yes, that did it, Thanks all!
    Dear Ohio,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •