Confusion on waypoints visibility

Update:

One workaround from the N3V QA team for problems with Navigation Points in build 103369 is to add a delay of 2 seconds when the Navigation Point sets are created as shown in the screenshot below. Here two sets of Navigation Points are being created with the first set hidden from view.

Nav-Display-Delay-PNG.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I tried this workaround, but almost nothing is changed: I still need to set the path to see the NP.

What changed is, I don't need to move toward the NP now, it would appear after the timeout.

AFTER ONE MORE TEST
I mostly used triggers to mark the NP positions, because I often found triggers in the positions I needed.
I think I smacked my head somewhere today (can't remember...maybe it's because I really smacked my head somewhere), and decided to use markers.....

And everything started working alright, at least in my small test route!
Their orientations didn't even mattered, the NPs appeared as intended whatever direction the path was set to.

I'll try now to edit my UMR session...BRB!

UPDATE
It worked!

I updated some of my already built sessions to use markers, and finally everything got in place.
So it seems, the trick is to use markers and not triggers as navigation points.

Not a problem for me, I always think the session creator must be in charge of placing his NPs and not rely on a route creator to place any possible trigger/marker on the tracks.

LAST EDIT (I SWEAR!!!)
Obviously, I'm referring to passing and stop points only, i.e. locations on the track.
Coupling is another different matter and that always worked.

Luca

Last edited:
Good News.

The latest beta build for my TRS19 version (104017 the non-plus version) has fixed the problem. NavPoints now work correctly in TRS19 although they seem to have removed the display of the following NavPoint to be completed after the current NavPoint as a semi-transparent icon - if it is there then it has been rendered completely invisible. But it appears in full living colour and "solidity" when the current visible NavPoint point has been completed.

Back