Trainz Store Updater

DaveL

Recovering RBR Addict
I have been unable to get the updater to install the CDPs as it should. The updater complains that the file is not a valid CDP.
Also, Content Manager give me a "cannot open" flag.
Anyone have any ideas why this is happening??

DaveL

From the launcher, I clicked on "Content Store".
In the screen that came up, there was a button to update the S&C Route.That button loaded an update for the Route.
After spending some time "Installing", I got a flag telling me a CDP file/package was "not valid".
The CDP was in my trainz internet cache and had an encrypted name.

Dave

This has happened with ALL the Updates I have selected to download.

It's still a Beta and not IMO working properly yet. Not showing any update for Settle and Carlisle here.

Even odder is it showing Install for stuff already installed and the uninstall when I tested it doesn't seem to do a lot either. I like the idea though if they get it working correctly.

Thanks for the report. We're aware of the issue with certain packages not installing correctly. This is due to a change in the internal build process. This currently affects a few assets (SnC, Additional TANE assets for TRS19 etc). We'll be fixing/rebuilding the content set to resolve the problem.

The .cdp file is not meant to be installable manually (this is part of the copy protection).

Hmm.. I hadn't spotted this comment in your post:

This has happened with ALL the Updates I have selected to download.

This indicates there is a different problem. Can you try closing Trainz, deleting the /cache/internet folder, restarting and retrying one of the items.

Back