Now getting popup messages from Microsoft about Win7 end of life.

30 days or thereabouts is the time you can use TRS19 offline and then it only needs to connect, presumably update the database and it can then be disconnected again, no need to allow anything else such as browsers AV and such to connect just block the rest with the firewall if concerned.
Thanks Malc. I should have everything changed over to the new machine and up and running by then so I shouldn't have any problems.
I do have a pre-SP1 TS2019 on DVD though and I was wondering if that needs to call home once it's installed. I know I would have to do the login thing to validate it, but if after that it never needs to call home again it certainly would be useful.

I'm presently watching one of the larger stations on my TS2012 GER Norfolk layout on my old computer. I made some signalling changes and set up some new trains on new schedules to run through the station so it will be interesting to see if all is going to be well or if it's going to turn into an almighty snarl up.

Last edited:
It only has Intel HD 5300 graphics and a 1.2 GHz Intel M-5Y71 processor with 8Gb RAM so I think the poor wee thing would tip over if I ran TANE on it John. It would be interesting to see if it could, but I think I'd better not,

Well it has direct x 11 and is within 5% of the laptop I designed Middleton for laptops for. I think it should just about run.

Cheerio John

Ok then John I'll give it a try. If it works it will be a bit of fun for those times when I don't want to start up one of my tower case computers or if I want to sit outside on the verandah if the weather is fine.

Ok then John I'll give it a try. If it works it will be a bit of fun for those times when I don't want to start up one of my tower case computers or if I want to sit outside on the verandah if the weather is fine.

Chris did a rather nice session with fly shunting. The station layouts are from RMweb and are designed for model railway layouts so lots of shunting potential.

Cheerio John

Well that worked. Our broadband modem decided to die so we had to install the older spare one we keep for such emergencies. BUT once that was done I downloaded Middleton for Laptops and it works very nicely. The screen image is not very large of course, but it's nice and clear and everything is running smoothly.

Well that worked. Our broadband modem decided to die so we had to install the older spare one we keep for such emergencies. BUT once that was done I downloaded Middleton for Laptops and it works very nicely. The screen image is not very large of course, but it's nice and clear and everything is running smoothly.

There is a larger range of wagons that all start with 17_5. Basically they use the same underframe so only the low poly top has an impact. The texture for the tops is the same as many of my other wagons so you can often create a 17_5 wagon by cloning and copying in the texture file.

It's all to do with content sometimes rather than hardware.

Cheerio John

Yes that's very true John. I like shunting and shunting puzzles so I should have a lot of fun with Middleton.

In other news my old Win 7 Xeon computer flashed up a huge message from Microsoft on its screen this morning saying that my Win 7 computer was no longer supported, but I checked the cabinet it was sitting on and it all looked good to me.

Yes that's very true John. I like shunting and shunting puzzles so I should have a lot of fun with Middleton.

In other news my old Win 7 Xeon computer flashed up a huge message from Microsoft on its screen this morning saying that my Win 7 computer was no longer supported, but I checked the cabinet it was sitting on and it all looked good to me.

One of the fun things with middleton was getting the cattle and sheep pens set up so they visibly load the cattle wagons I think its one of the very few layouts that has this. They're actually tram stops with a special passenger set of sheep and another of cattle.

Cheerio John

Yes I saw that you had sheep and cattle loading and I wondered how you did that. I haven't really had a proper play about with it yet though.

So for the first time today I got a cheery popup message from Microsoft telling me that Win 7 would no longer be supported after Jan 22nd 2020.

Snip

I got this popup on my old computer a few days ago, then about two hours later got a notification that a security update was available.

Cheers,
Bill69

Snip

I got this popup on my old computer a few days ago, then about two hours later got a notification that a security update was available.

Cheers,
Bill69

That's the last planned security update for Win7 - released on the 14th.

If anyone has any issues with upgrading to Win10, it appears the free upgrade was still working yesterday despite what Microsoft are saying! Ten Forums is the place to go https://www.tenforums.com/ many tutorials on Win 10 and how to get rid of the annoyances and unwanted junk and installing activation issues plus loads of expert help.

Back