What's your favourite railroad songs

Bat Chain Puller - by Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet). A seriously weird song about a piece of signalling equipment and a person who operates it.

"..This train with grey tubes that houses people’s thoughts, their very remains and belongings."

Last edited:
OK, That made me feel very ill, I thought Korn was so awful ! So before I poke my eardrums out with sharp pencils, I need to cleanse my mind and soul with some real music to my ears, and wash that noise out of my memory:

Last edited:
Captain Beefheart is an acquired taste, the two tracks on here are not as bizarre as some of his stuff! which was great for annoying ones elders........

Captain Beefheart is an acquired taste, the two tracks on here are not as bizarre as some of his stuff! which was great for annoying ones elders........
Yeas it's not for those who want to be soothed , trout mask replica is probably the most inaccessible album, you either love or loathe the Cap'n my wife does ( although she liked blue jeans and moonbeams , which was something of an aberration )

Back