Height Bug

Chadd04

Knuckle Shuffling
So this crappy game will never cease to amaze me. Today while working on a route, I went to raise some ground .2 from 0.00 and BOOM giant hole! Use the get height tool and it reads 1000.8 meters. The whole damn route has jumped up 1000m randomly! Has one else had this problem or know how to solve it? Wouldn't be a huge deal if my plans weren't to merge it with another route.

Got lucky. Was able to fix it by setting the altitude to 0 in the config. Just don't know why it changed in the first place.

So this crappy game will never cease to amaze me. Today while working on a route, I went to raise some ground .2 from 0.00 and BOOM giant hole! Use the get height tool and it reads 1000.8 meters. The whole damn route has jumped up 1000m randomly! Has one else had this problem or know how to solve it? Wouldn't be a huge deal if my plans weren't to merge it with another route.

Just use the 'undo' key

Sorry to say but sounds like user error. It is very easy to overtype the decimal or otherwise mess up the input in N3V's teeny weeny little text box on the pull out.

However as Roy says, just undo or as a last resort Ctrl-Alt-Del to kill the program without saving.

I agree this sounds like a whoops; been there and done that. Just yesterday, I made a spike in the sky instead of a subtle landscape change. Yeah the window I agree is a bit small, but it's the same interface since the beginnings of Trainzing time so most of have gotten used to it. Let's face it, typos happen.

In this version the undo function works fine. In TRS2004 and TRS2006, doing an undo or two would lead to weird things happening like splines knotting up, holes and spikes, or other unknown traps occurring which go unnoticed until the route is driven, and by then it's too late to fix. After living with that for years, I've gotten into the habit of not doing a lot of undo steps and work carefully instead.

If you're planning on doing drastic changes, I highly recommend doing a save-as prior to editing. Create a new version, close and open that one to continue editing so that your original is still intact should you decide you don't like the changes. It's called good workflow methodology.

I think everyone missed the issue. The entire map went up 1000. The spot i was working at was originally 0.00. I don't know how it did it (the map is 26 miles), but like i said i fixed it by changing the altitude.

I think everyone missed the issue. The entire map went up 1000. The spot i was working at was originally 0.00. I don't know how it did it (the map is 26 miles), but like i said i fixed it by changing the altitude.

That sounds like the world origin got messed up somehow. I've never seen that before, but perhaps someone else has.

Back