UK Scrap/derelict stock

alexl102

Learning... slowly!
Hi,
I'm looking for scrap/rusty/derelict/very heavily weathered UK steam-era locos/wagons/rail vehicles for a route. Don't mind if they're scenery objects or rolling stock. Basically anything that I can dump on sidings to look neglected and forgotten about.

I know of one scenery item brake van (derelic rail van 01), various scrap bogies/wheels and I think Stationmistress reskinned a SKipper1945 king class into scrapyard condition but I'm sure I've seen more in the past. Can anyone help out with what to search or which creators to look into?

Thank you!

Are these helpful?

<kuid:217537:109> TTTE - Scrap Locomotive (Truro) Loadable
<kuid:217537:108> TTTE - Scrap Locomotive (Truro)

and yup stationmistress has a couple too:

<kuid2:515726:1227:2> Scrap GWR King class loco
<kuid2:515726:1180:1> Scrap GWR/BR Castle class loco

All are on the DLS.

Are these helpful?

<kuid:217537:109> TTTE - Scrap Locomotive (Truro) Loadable
<kuid:217537:108> TTTE - Scrap Locomotive (Truro)

and yup stationmistress has a couple too:

<kuid2:515726:1227:2> Scrap GWR King class loco
<kuid2:515726:1180:1> Scrap GWR/BR Castle class loco

All are on the DLS.

Only you couldn't have a City class (Truro) rusting in the weeds alongside a King and a Castle since the Cities were withdrawn way back in the grouping era.

Only you couldn't have a City class (Truro) rusting in the weeds alongside a King and a Castle since the Cities were withdrawn way back in the grouping era.

Oh I wouldn't know that and was just being helpful with scrap locos, and I'm sorry for being anachronistic here.

I'm located 5 time-zone hours across the Atlantic Ocean in a totally different world...

It's Ok John. It's the kind of thing that a Uk steam era railway enthusiast would know, but more than likely no one else would.
I wasn't trying to pick holes in your suggestions at all. My intention was only to point out that all three locos wouldn't be seen together in a scrap yard condition.

;) Excellent tips here as always,

I even learned a new word, (anachronistic) When I looked it up it made perfect sense...........:eek:

My friend KotangaGirl knows how to keep us on our Toes........

Thank you for sharing kind folks........And have a Blessed Sunday too.......:wave:

Back