Kickstart County - All Trains Brakes Stuck on 214

stumper66

I wanted to replay some of the KickStarter County Sessions.
I tried Fossil Fuels, Morning Run and a few DLCs. Everytime I switch to advanced controls, the brake cylinder is stuck on 214 and no mater what I do it won't release.
I've played these before (but it's been a while) and I don't remember having this issue.

TRS2019 Build 100240

stumper66 - Yes - confirming that the Brake Pressure Cylinder reading remains at 214 even when the train brake ('Q') and all other brakes are released.
No problems in DCC mode - but that mode takes away all the driving pleasure in Fossil Fuels!
Have you reported this via the Bug Report system? https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu - QA and the team at N3V don't always get to read the forums...
This is a repeat of much earlier behaviour in beta versions that was fixed long ago,

I had not ran the Fossil Fuel session in TRS19. So I loaded it up this morning expecting to see your Brake issue, went into Adv (cab) controls, started out and everything seems to be fine here. No brake issue. But I just started.... Did your issue arise right away?

Edit: Perhaps the following post is the answer.... My session is a different version? Mine is:kuid2:523:19723125:16

Last edited:
Just press "D" to dump the pressure. You will need to repeat this twice more as the brake cylinder partially regains pressure. Seems totally unrealistic to have the BC pressure higher than the Main Reservoir pressure.

The engine specs were updated recently which caused this problem. Either revert to the earlier version or put up with having to manually release the pressure.

Glenn

Pressing "D" to dump pressure works initially, but problems arise the minute you stop and attempt to reverse (or proceed forward) again, even when Brake Cylinder pressure is shown at Zero. Locos strain under throttle, but won't move, even with ALL brakes off.
Edit update: 1611Mac - My version of Fossil Fuels is the same as yours:- <kuid2:523:19723125:16> and I'm running the Service Pack 1 beta version of TRS19 (Build 103369).

Last edited:
The problem happens right away. I can't get any of the trains to move from the start of the level.
Pressing D actually dumps the pressure. I've been playing for over a year and did not know this!
However even if I put initial brakes the pressure goes to 89 which is full. Surely this loco which is an SD-45 has self-lapping brakes. Also when I release the brakes with Q I see the TP and EQ pressures changing but brake cylinder drops some, but not all. It seems there is some kind of bug here.

I got it moving by dumping the pressure then I noticed my equalizer pressure off the gauge!
brake1.png

brake2.png

The problem still exiits in August 2020

I just purchased TRS 2019 and am having the same issue. While there was no problem getting the train going from St. Nicholaas, the problem arose as soon as I stopped at Gard Family. The only way around it was to switch to DCC mode. I tried every trick in the book, inclding tapping D about 50 times and the train would not budge.

I have three installs of TRS2019 and I regularly see this problem at the start of a session. It appears in built in assets and DLS assets. I was writing a session and the problem DID NOT occur until I crearted a cdp of the session and installed it in another install of TRS 2019 and there it was every time the session started. In my case Press and hold D with the train brake on dumps the pressure and it builds back up to normal pressure then when I release the train brake the brakes work normally throughout the session play.
I have only seen this in TRS2019 and not earlier versions but it is not hardware dependant as I have three different devices with TRS 2019 installed. It has been present in all updates of TRS2019 including the latest public release. N3V seem to have missed this issue completely but I confess I never bothered creating a ticket because it was fixable for me with the 'D' key press.

This is a known bug in the Tutorials since T:ANE SP3, and is still present in SP4 and TS2019 (at least Platinum build 105100). N3V is very aware, but no word on when it will get fixed. You will also find track issues in the Tutorials causing derails...

I just purchased TRS 2019 and am having the same issue. While there was no problem getting the train going from St. Nicholaas, the problem arose as soon as I stopped at Gard Family. The only way around it was to switch to DCC mode. I tried every trick in the book, inclding tapping D about 50 times and the train would not budge.
The problem still exists in April 2021... and will likely live on forever like all the other issues.

Seriously though, I shelved this game for what? 4 years... come back... first mission I try, this happens... am I missing something, or y'all just glutton's for punishment? Too bad, so sad.

And the Ranked Session Library is broken as well. Works fine after reverting to older version.

Edit: FYI I just clicked edit session, and did nothing but re-save it and it seems to work fine for anyone looking for a solution.

Last edited:
Vanguard11 - Here's the change-list for TRS19 Service Pack 3, which included a 'fix' for the brake pressure bail issue. (See below).
Have you upgraded to Build 111951? It works for me...

[h=1]Full SP3 Changelist:[/h][FONT=&quot]This list doesn't include all fixes for regressions during the update period.[/FONT]

• Update to 4.8 Trainzbuild format (making route, session and assets saved in SP3 not compatible with older versions)
  • Loco will no longer suddenly decelerate if decoupled while moving
  • Smoke now works as expected when running steam engines in AI reverse, half chuff rate w\ AI forward
  • Fix a route merge CTD when merging two legacy routes both having consists.
  • Updates to Login flow and messages
  • Fix a freeze when adjusting terrain height under splines
  • Various updates to portals
  • Fix an assertion loading Sebino (offline) NamedObjectTable::processRegistrationQueue> Registration command failure 3
  • Inserting spline points unexpectedly re-positions trains\trackside objects
  • Update to Vehicle.SetMaximumTractiveEffort()
  • Show Hide MP-d chat window now works
  • Various MP fixes including:
    • MP Client "view driver" not syncing to moving trains
    • Fix stream corruption in the brake data
    • Avoid a case where a corrupt stream could hang the application in an infinite loop
    • Fix a case where the camera fails to focus to a vehicle with a null trackpos, but a valid mesh position
    • Fixed an issue where certain assets would display incorrectly
    • Fixed an assertion loading into Sebino
    • Inserting spline points no longer re-positions trains\trackside objects
    • Several MPS content fixes (Sebino)
    • Resolved an error showing on Mac for faulty content
  • Several MP Driver replication manager updates
  • Fixed a CTD when moving vehicles decoupled in the middle of a consist
  • Remove green highlight incorrectly showing after copy/paste
  • Fix sound not playing on some steam locos
  • Fix assertion loading Content Sample map
  • Tweaks to Driver listing UI
  • Fix brake issue (TNI Physics)
  • Fixes for various Test Track issues (TNI Physics related)
  • Fix brakes bail timing
  • Fix Command dropdown list functionality
  • Fix derailments in portals
  • Fix MP chat window getting stuck open
  • Fix passenger platforms not spawning passengers
  • Tweaks to object height adjustment
  • Fix an issue with pfx display
  • Updates to MPS to support custom packages (Sebino is our first test case)
  • Add UI for installing missing MPS packages
  • New "high contrast" scroll bar
  • Various UI updates to Driver Select window
  • Various UI updates to Content Store
  • In-game chat now fully native
  • Fixes for new MyTrainz Login
  • Fixed a rare case where loading a map could take 30 minutes
  • Improved handling of object height adjustment (including around digholes)
  • Finalised TNI Physics SDK (programmer access coming in the next week or two)[
  • Steam builds will have proper DLC naming and descriptions (not relevant to this beta)
  • Added an expiry for scripted camera edit requests (to avoid a hang or incomplete route load
  • Updates to low res (minimap) texture cut-off distances
  • Login improvements (prompted to enter details when installing, sign out option added)
  • Map view label improvements (less clutter)
  • Scroll bar tweaks (it's now visible!)
  • Tweaks for Test Track (related to TNI physics)
  • Crash fix when exiting a route with placeholder (missing asset) traincars
  • Crash fix for routes with a script that wasn't loaded when called
  • Fixed a case where loading could be extremely slow

Thanks for the reply, I'm on T:ANE mate, with zero plans to throw money at fixing a problem in something I've already paid for ;) I just drove the entire route having just re-saved the session as I mentioned, so it's curious that would fix it, but also unsurprising since it's only that route causing issues, not the loco itself.

Yup - Sorry. I realised that only after returning to this post (in the TRS19 forum). I also have T:ANE and do not encounter brake cylinder (or other brake issues) in manual driver mode in the T:ANE-Dlx SP4 version either.
You'll note from earlier posts in this thread that this problem has manifested itself in the original Kickstarter County route and sessions that were brought over as 'built-ins' to TRS19 more than once over the years - and been fixed - only to return to being broken again. Right now, however, it is 'fixed' in TRS19 111951. :)

Last edited:
I have not seen the issue in trs2019 since SP2, but have not tried fossil fuels. The tutorials seem to work.

The issue with "frozen" brakes is still around in Franklin Ave Ind - Shunting at ....

I have not seen the issue in trs2019 since SP2, but have not tried fossil fuels. The tutorials seem to work.

Nice to have the advice here at hand when train stops moving....I run with TRS19 build 1148411 (MacOS)

Back