Thread: Kickstart County - All Trains Brakes Stuck on 214

Default Kickstart County - All Trains Brakes Stuck on 214

I wanted to replay some of the KickStarter County Sessions.
    I tried Fossil Fuels, Morning Run and a few DLCs. Everytime I switch to advanced controls, the brake cylinder is stuck on 214 and no mater what I do it won't release.
    I've played these before (but it's been a while) and I don't remember having this issue.

TRS2019 Build 100240

stumper66 - Yes - confirming that the Brake Pressure Cylinder reading remains at 214 even when the train brake ('Q') and all other brakes are released.
    No problems in DCC mode - but that mode takes away all the driving pleasure in Fossil Fuels!
    Have you reported this via the Bug Report system? https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu - QA and the team at N3V don't always get to read the forums...
    This is a repeat of much earlier behaviour in beta versions that was fixed long ago,

I had not ran the Fossil Fuel session in TRS19. So I loaded it up this morning expecting to see your Brake issue, went into Adv (cab) controls, started out and everything seems to be fine here. No brake issue. But I just started.... Did your issue arise right away?

Edit: Perhaps the following post is the answer.... My session is a different version? Mine is:kuid2:523:19723125:16
    Last edited by 1611mac; October 17th, 2019 at 10:15 AM.
    TRS19 Gold/Plus 109641, beta-109641
    WIN10 ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce

Just press "D" to dump the pressure. You will need to repeat this twice more as the brake cylinder partially regains pressure. Seems totally unrealistic to have the BC pressure higher than the Main Reservoir pressure.

The engine specs were updated recently which caused this problem. Either revert to the earlier version or put up with having to manually release the pressure.

Glenn

Pressing "D" to dump pressure works initially, but problems arise the minute you stop and attempt to reverse (or proceed forward) again, even when Brake Cylinder pressure is shown at Zero. Locos strain under throttle, but won't move, even with ALL brakes off.
    Edit update: 1611Mac - My version of Fossil Fuels is the same as yours:- <kuid2:523:19723125:16> and I'm running the Service Pack 1 beta version of TRS19 (Build 103369).
    Last edited by PC_Ace; October 17th, 2019 at 04:59 PM.

I've gone from start to coal loading at the mine and so far no brake issues with my session....
    TRS19 Gold/Plus 109641, beta-109641
    WIN10 ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce

The problem happens right away. I can't get any of the trains to move from the start of the level.
    Pressing D actually dumps the pressure. I've been playing for over a year and did not know this!
    However even if I put initial brakes the pressure goes to 89 which is full. Surely this loco which is an SD-45 has self-lapping brakes. Also when I release the brakes with Q I see the TP and EQ pressures changing but brake cylinder drops some, but not all. It seems there is some kind of bug here.

I got it moving by dumping the pressure then I noticed my equalizer pressure off the gauge!

Default The problem still exiits in August 2020

I just purchased TRS 2019 and am having the same issue. While there was no problem getting the train going from St. Nicholaas, the problem arose as soon as I stopped at Gard Family. The only way around it was to switch to DCC mode. I tried every trick in the book, inclding tapping D about 50 times and the train would not budge.

I have three installs of TRS2019 and I regularly see this problem at the start of a session. It appears in built in assets and DLS assets. I was writing a session and the problem DID NOT occur until I crearted a cdp of the session and installed it in another install of TRS 2019 and there it was every time the session started. In my case Press and hold D with the train brake on dumps the pressure and it builds back up to normal pressure then when I release the train brake the brakes work normally throughout the session play.
    I have only seen this in TRS2019 and not earlier versions but it is not hardware dependant as I have three different devices with TRS 2019 installed. It has been present in all updates of TRS2019 including the latest public release. N3V seem to have missed this issue completely but I confess I never bothered creating a ticket because it was fixable for me with the 'D' key press.
    TrainzItalia
    Gold Member for Life
    Ciao - Cheers - Best Regards,
    Bob

This is a known bug in the Tutorials since T:ANE SP3, and is still present in SP4 and TS2019 (at least Platinum build 105100). N3V is very aware, but no word on when it will get fixed. You will also find track issues in the Tutorials causing derails...
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.