Steel Mill

Mkultra04

How Tomorrow Moves
Hi, I'm trying to put together something of a Chicago route, I have almost all the major industries of Chicago but I'm missing a steel mill. I checked out the British rail works mill from the DLS but it does't quite suit my needs and I'm going to try and use the mill from the P&B but I fear that it too won't work. I would just make it my self but I lack the skill/ experience needed to take on a build as large as a mill and have it come out they way I envision. Does anyone know where I could find a mill or could assist me in the building of my own? I should clarify it does not need to be super prototypical or include all of the things in a real mill all I need is one that looks like a mill and produces steel lol. Thanks in advance for any help you can give and if you would like to help me in the building of one please PM me!-MK

You don't have to rely on complete ready made steel mills. You can construct your own using existing components that are built-in and/or on the DLS. For example, there are a few components already built in named "Steel Industry" (e.g. a blast furnace and a continuous rolling steel mill) and other parts can be added from other industries.

You don't have to rely on complete ready made steel mills. You can construct your own using existing components that are built-in and/or on the DLS. For example, there are a few components already built in named "Steel Industry" (e.g. a blast furnace and a continuous rolling steel mill) and other parts can be added from other industries.
I tried doing that but I can't turn what I see in my head into reality. I'll get it all laid out in my head but it never turns out. Which is why I was hoping to find one that's done or a partner to help translate what's in my head into a route or module.-MK

Theyre is a old route by Phileskene called Industrialrail it includes a large steel mill complex laid out that may help you with ideas....
Dave =)

Theyre is a old route by Phileskene called Industrialrail it includes a large steel mill complex laid out that may help you with ideas....
Dave =)
Awesome thanks I'll check it out! I was gonna use the one he made for the Port Zyd route but you can't edit payware.-MK

Awesome thanks I'll check it out! I was gonna use the one he made for the Port Zyd route but you can't edit payware.-MK
I checked it out and unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to use it. It would take too much time to convert it to a usable module and once done it would essentially be a brand new mill.-MK

You would find those mill assets on his route, then hand place them on your route

You would find those mill assets on his route, then hand place them on your route
I would do that but as previously mentioned I lack the time and skill to build my own (unless I find someone who can help) and am more looking for a already completed mill.-MK

It is really easy, and is not hard at all to do a steel mill, it may take weeks and months to do so

Hi Mkultura04,

in my routes I use Steel Industry by Maddy25.

It comes in 5 pieces:
Steel Industry - Steel Coil,<kuid2:124017:20004:1>
Steel Industry - Plate-Mill,<kuid:124017:10008>
Steel Industry - Continuous-Process Strip Mill - No Name,<kuid2:124017:10016:1>
Steel Industry - Blower House,<kuid:124017:10011>
Steel Industry - Blast Furnace,<kuid2:124017:10025:1>

You can arrange it in many ways. I combine it with Industry Multiple Advanced to consume:
Coal, <kuid:44179:60013>
Iron Ore, <kuid2:86661:9211011:2> (you will need to edit it and set iron ore density to a realistic value)
Limestone aggregate, <kuid2:30671:9252101:2>

and produce:
Steel Coil 1.5x1m, <kuid2:44988:80090:3>
Steel Slab, Hot, <kuid2:124017:27001:1>

It looks great!

Hi Mkultura04,

in my routes I use Steel Industry by Maddy25.

It comes in 5 pieces:
Steel Industry - Steel Coil,<kuid2:124017:20004:1>
Steel Industry - Plate-Mill,<kuid:124017:10008>
Steel Industry - Continuous-Process Strip Mill - No Name,<kuid2:124017:10016:1>
Steel Industry - Blower House,<kuid:124017:10011>
Steel Industry - Blast Furnace,<kuid2:124017:10025:1>

You can arrange it in many ways. I combine it with Industry Multiple Advanced to consume:
Coal, <kuid:44179:60013>
Iron Ore, <kuid2:86661:9211011:2> (you will need to edit it and set iron ore density to a realistic value)
Limestone aggregate, <kuid2:30671:9252101:2>

and produce:
Steel Coil 1.5x1m, <kuid2:44988:80090:3>
Steel Slab, Hot, <kuid2:124017:27001:1>

It looks great!
Ok ill check them out thanks!

Those listed for Maddy show as built-ins for me in T:ANE, so you may check your CM and see if you already have them....

Back