Enhanced Interlocking Tower by Pguy. I have an issue.

valbridge

Rail Tragic
This may have been previously covered but I am not sure so here goes...
I am using TRS19 UK edition version 100240 and my problem appears to be with the following assets from Pguy.
<kuid2:61392:8101:52> Enhanced TRC3 invisible Interlocking Tower (SP2 and later) and <kuid2:61392:8190:64> EnhancedInterlockingTowers library (SP2 and later)

The issue is: On placing the EIT [in session surveyor] and setting a couple of paths find that, after saving and exiting session surveyor, on reloading TRS19 crashes and returns to desktop. This is a frequent occurrence even after in depth db repair.

Luckily I have a backup, previous to using the EIT en route, and find the program runs as normal without the assets indicating the problem lies with EIT inclusion.
Perhaps its due to using these assets in TRS19 UK Edition not being compatible?

Would welcome solution or advice.

Hi.

The problem cannot be caused by the TRS19 UK edition being not compatible, as it is the same Trainz version for all regional editions or worldwide edition, and the differences are only in the list of DLC routes included.

To go further, I would check first several things :

1 - check that all EIT dependencies are also at the last DLS available level :

Common data library <kuid2:61392:4050:56>
NamedObjects Library <kuid2:61392:4053:16>
ExtendedSessionVars Library <kuid2:61392:4052:9>
GlobalLocks Library <kuid2:61392:4054:9>
and of course with no errors reported. If it is not the case, delete not up to date asset and redownload from DLS the last version.

2 - in all cases (with or without any DLS download) try a database repair. Check that in the settings window in the dev tab options, you have the show script exceptions notification activated. Then retry your route with the up to date versions to see if you have still the problem or not.

3 - if you have still the problem, we need to see if it a problem due to the route (corrupted route data ? ) or if it is a generic problem with your configuration. For this just create a new route from scratch, with two tracks merging at a junction, with some signals before and after the junction. And try creating an EIT on this route with two paths for each branch of the junction. Try saving the EIT configuration. Return to the menu. And reload your route and session. Do you have any problem or none ?

4 - if you have any problem after all these steps, let me know by PM and I will need that you package in a cdp your initial route and session, with all dependencies not available on DLS, so that I can restore it on my configuration and try to repro the problem. Let me know also in details the steps causing the problems : in which tower to you add new paths and which new paths you added (entry signall, junctions direction, exit signal) … and anything that may be usefull to try to repro the problem …

Regards.
Pierre.

Hi.

The problem cannot be caused by the TRS19 UK edition being not compatible, as it is the same Trainz version for all regional editions or worldwide edition, and the differences are only in the list of DLC routes included.

To go further, I would check first several things :

1 - check that all EIT dependencies are also at the last DLS available level :

Common data library <kuid2:61392:4050:56>
NamedObjects Library <kuid2:61392:4053:16>
ExtendedSessionVars Library <kuid2:61392:4052:9>
GlobalLocks Library <kuid2:61392:4054:9>
and of course with no errors reported. If it is not the case, delete not up to date asset and redownload from DLS the last version.

2 - in all cases (with or without any DLS download) try a database repair. Check that in the settings window in the dev tab options, you have the show script exceptions notification activated. Then retry your route with the up to date versions to see if you have still the problem or not.

3 - if you have still the problem, we need to see if it a problem due to the route (corrupted route data ? ) or if it is a generic problem with your configuration. For this just create a new route from scratch, with two tracks merging at a junction, with some signals before and after the junction. And try creating an EIT on this route with two paths for each branch of the junction. Try saving the EIT configuration. Return to the menu. And reload your route and session. Do you have any problem or none ?

4 - if you have any problem after all these steps, let me know by PM and I will need that you package in a cdp your initial route and session, with all dependencies not available on DLS, so that I can restore it on my configuration and try to repro the problem. Let me know also in details the steps causing the problems : in which tower to you add new paths and which new paths you added (entry signall, junctions direction, exit signal) … and anything that may be usefull to try to repro the problem …

Regards.
Pierre.

Hey Pierre, hope you keep well.
Yes, all assets mentioned are current.
Referring to your note2 this was unchecked and after ticking the box and performing a db repair went ahead and created a new EIT session with two paths constructed. All went well and no crash. This makes me think!

What exactly is this script exceptions you mentioned?

Since performing a db repair that little red bug appeared with a host of issues. Now in the process of fixing up.
I am guessing this has to do with the script exception mentioned as this is the first time I have encountered it.
Now wondering about the Henley Route recently uploaded in-so-much as an identical situation may be posed.

Thanks for helping out...I am learning EIT and associated rules.
Val.

. . .
What exactly is this script exceptions you mentioned ?
. . .

A script exception is a programming error (dividing something by zero, referencing a null object, referencing an array item with an index outside the array, ... ) that prevents running further the script code. in such situation a script exception is generated and the current script code is aborted without finishing its work, which may cause a lot of other problems.

By default script exceptions are not notified to the end user and you don’t even know that something has gone wrong. when you tick the option in the developper tabs, the script exception is notified when it occurs with the red bug display and by clicking on the bug icon the developper can get some information (type of error, location of the error in the script code, ... ) usefull to debug the problem.

So when something goes wrong, it is usefull to have this option ticked to understand if it was caused by an initial script error.

On the fact that you no longer have any crash, it is probably because the database rebuild has purged some old cached script no longer valid that had bad interference with the EIT code. of course we cannot at this step be sure, but this problem with invalid old cached script happens sometimes just after some new assets have been installed. that is why I recommend to always to a database repair after installing new versions of any existing assets.

Regards.
Pierre.

In trs 2019 104261 when editing enhanced trc3 latest version in trs19 sandusky route and try to display the paths I get a error property browser refresh not handle. Just displaying 1 path it disappears and get the error. Before and after a extended database repair same problem.

Back