Thread: Turning off traffic on YARNish & AASHTO roads...

Question Turning off traffic on YARNish & AASHTO roads...

Does anybody know if there is a possible way to go into the config files of a particular road asset and disable traffic on that road?

The quality of the YARNish and AASHTO roads are so good I don't want to sacrifice taking them off my route, however I have a need for some roads to operate with no traffic.
    In a section of my route I'd like to have the track run down the middle of a residential area, but the traffic on these particular assets just runs too close together for me to squeeze a locomotive in between them.

If there isn't a way to do this that's alright. What would be a good non-traffic road asset I could use instead?

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by icroth View Post
    Does anybody know if there is a possible way to go into the config files of a particular road asset and disable traffic on that road?

The quality of the YARNish and AASHTO roads are so good I don't want to sacrifice taking them off my route, however I have a need for some roads to operate with no traffic.
    In a section of my route I'd like to have the track run down the middle of a residential area, but the traffic on these particular assets just runs too close together for me to squeeze a locomotive in between them.

If there isn't a way to do this that's alright. What would be a good non-traffic road asset I could use instead?
    You need to clone the road.

Edit the config.txt of the "new asset"

Change the carrate to 0 (zero).

Change the username to something else so you know what it is.

Save the config.txt

Submit.

Check for faulty assets to ensure things went as planned.

Test.

I've done this myself with a few roads plus changed the textures as well to various ones including ballast so I have ballast filler splines for various purposes including yards, etc., and for the same reason you have.

(It appears your version isn't registered. I highly recommend you do that. If you have registered, or came in from Steam contact the help desk. Here: http://support.trainzportal.com/)
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592