Bendorsey's Swing and Lift Bridges in TRS19

Paulsw2

Ambling on the slow line
Do Ben's swing and lift bridges work in TRS19? When I place Swing_Bridge_26 on my route I can still see the track when the bridge opens, so it's not invisible as it should be? Any ideas?:confused:

Paul

Some of the swing bridges didn't use invisible track Paul so you will still see two rails spanning the gap when the bridge is open.

Attach an invisible track to the bridge ends and then delete the track. You will be left with the bridge track invisible.

From a discussion on this in the CRG last year.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by clam1952
Looks to me as if someone, may not have been Ben but back when it was open house on repairs, just deleted the obsolete parts of the config without adding the required updated bits to replace the deleted ones.

The one I looked at was just missing the track entry although it was in the kuid-table. For some reason if that's missing it was defaulting to track Oak or something like that when the design requires invisible track and not to use adjoining track, the track is part of the asset, if you add a visible track then you get the problem with the track remaining visible across the gap when the bridge is raised which seems to be one of the issues, AFAIK shouldn't need use adjoining track 0 as that's the default anyway.

Thanks for responses. I also came across this thread: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151369-We-ve-got-a-problem-with-the-Late-Great-Bendorsey-s-Bridges

Malc, I've tried your simple fix of revising build back down to 2.4 and adding "track <kuid:-10:137>" to the config. It worked until track was added - then there is solid track across the space again. Followed stagecoach's advice - worked well! (though you need to use some dummy bridge track to close the gap that's left at each end of the bridge.

More power to msgsapper in his efforts to fix these bridges! :cool:

Paul

Back