is there 2 trs19 versions out

I got the trs19 north american version but now I see there is trs19 complete set I would say, cost 69 dollars
the one I got is a little cheaper. so maybe I need to buy the full version trs19 at 69 dollars?

switchmen37

As far as I know the only difference between the so-called TRS19 "versions" (Nth American and European) is the content (rolling stock, etc) that is supplied with each - there is no difference in the program code and functionality. They did (or currently do) have the regional versions in the Trainz Store "on special" so that may account for the price difference.

Peter is correct. The core game is the same. The NA edition comes with the Kickstarter County 2 route as part of the core package and includes the DLC route Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC route and the JR rolling stock DLC package. I have it as my main interest is in USA railroads and don't want a bunch of foreign assets clogging up Surveyor's menus.

The full version includes neither of those DLC items so take that into consideration.

William

Peter is correct. The core game is the same. The NA edition comes with the Kickstarter County 2 route as part of the core package and includes the DLC route Canadian Rocky Mountains - Golden, BC route and the JR rolling stock DLC package. I have it as my main interest is in USA railroads and don't want a bunch of foreign assets clogging up Surveyor's menus.

The full version includes neither of those DLC items so take that into consideration.

William

I get where your coming from, sort of. Unfortunately, in Australia, from which foreign place the product originates, we don't have a choice of a local product, and have to pay full price, (in foreign American dollars!) and accept that 'a bunch of foreign assets' will clog us up.

Across every Trainz release I have rarely been interested in, and haven't run, ANY of, the supplied routes. But our railway heritage in Australia has influences from both the UK and the US, hence I feel I have to buy the full product. I would like to see a base product, offered on first release (not 12 months down the track), at some sort of discount,and which contains NO included routes. Keep ALL the payware assets out (I can't use them in my route anyway. They are just a nuisance because I can't be sure everyone has them). We can download the DLS freeware content matching our regional interest, as required.

Last edited:
I get where your coming from, sort of. Unfortunately, in Australia, from which foreign place the product originates, we don't have a choice of a local product, and have to pay full price, (in foreign American dollars!) and accept that 'a bunch of foreign assets' will clog us up.

Across every Trainz release I have rarely been interested in, and haven't run, ANY of, the supplied routes. But our railway heritage in Australia has influences from both the UK and the US, hence I feel I have to buy the full product. I would like to see a base product, offered on first release (not 12 months down the track), at some sort of discount,and which contains NO included routes. Keep ALL the payware assets out (I can't use them in my route anyway. They are just a nuisance because I can't be sure everyone has them). We can download the DLS freeware content matching our regional interest, as required.

Yup and us up in the New England share a lot of similar things with the rest of the world. We have houses, for example, that are much like those NZ Houses from Sirgibby, storefronts like those found in Melbourne, many other houses and buildings like those from Wales, Germany, southern England. The landscape that's a combination of southern Germany and parts of the West Midlands, Yorkshire, and Lancashire at the same time with names such as Berlin, Beverly, Berwick, Ipswich, Cambridge, Haverhill, Wakefield, Bradford, Halifax, Reading, and so on. With that said, having a full package for me means I can build and use everything including some built-in assets.

I too hardly run, if ever, the built-in routes. There's nothing wrong with them it's just I prefer to make my own. I have, however, used them for ideas for my own creations even still today.

I was surprised there wasn't a Australian Edition. It would make sense to have one. Truthfully, I do have quite a few Australian and British routes from the DLS. Australia in many ways reminds me of the US in the sixties and seventies as far as style of buildings we saw in the smaller towns we visited. So I find those assets useful on my routes and SirGibby's payware scenery items are a must have for me. I think being able to buy the base package would be a good idea.

William

William

Store lists included routes
https://store.trainzportal.com/collections/best-sellers/products/trainz-railroad-simulator-2019

Hi All
Each Regional Edition of TRS19 includes a selection of routes from the TRS19 World Edition (aka Full Version). As such, any routes included with any of the current regional editions are included in the TRS19 World Edition. Since no Australian routes were included in this, we did not produce an Australian edition.

If you already own a Regional Edition then it should not be necessary to purchase the World Edition; the only exception would be if you specifically need all of the other routes/content packages in the World Edition. If you only need one, then it may be better to purchase just that route or content pack on it's own from the Trainz Store.

Regards

Back