Screenshot of The Week: October 10 to October 17 2019 (No Theme)

Malt hoppers pass Tryptan Falls heading to a west coast brewery.

Tryptan-Falls.jpg

Trike on the trestle.

Trike-on-the-trestle.jpg

Trike reskinned and crewed by me, thanks to DaveSnow for permission, and SailorDan for his help. The route is mine. The dog is there just there because I like dogs.

Last edited:
Valley Junction 1957: A rs3 with 3 empty ballast/coal hopper is heading up to the main yard. The crew starts laughing about Raymond Nadeau's pants hanging on the cloth line... (That might be an inside joke for them as there is not much to laugh about for everyone else) :wave:
1RGadK7.jpg

Last edited:
Bear Creek revisited - I was making a pass through the route moving assets to more appropriate layers, redoing some textures, and generally tweaking things a bit.
I go side tracked along Bear Creek (the creek) between Hampton and Bear Creek (the yard). After the tweaking was done I thought, "I have entered the screen shot competition lately..." so here's an entry...

bcsjv_191017_contest-04.jpg

Horace Fithers

Submissions are now closed. There are 25 entries so please vote for up to 3. Voting ends October 24; please post your votes below.

@Walter; I'll try to see what I can come up with without repeating something done before. Ran out of suggestions ages ago.

How about "American diesel locos from the front and slightly to the side". Haven't seen many like that over the years..:eek:

Very big diesels (from your choice of local). Must be front side on and close up, with dark moody lighting. Another possibility... shots on bridges and trestles (oops, guilty!)

More constructively, my votes go to...

peterwise (great trestle)
KotangaGirl (just all round good, and not a big modern diesel)
davesnow (what, no loco at all ?)

Last edited:
I am thinking we need more 3/4 views of locos in the middle of grassy fields myself. There are practically none of those ;-)

Rail4Pete - nice countryside scene
horacefithers - good steam in motion scene w nicely varied scenery
Overshoe - nice winter scene, can just about feel how cold it is

Back