hhp8 question

i just downloaded connyxy Amtrak hhp8 from the wayback machine for Tane. in driver it says it has front and rear marker lights but when I try to turn them on nothing happens. when I look at the config file everything appears to be correct. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem or knows how to fix it. I'm still kind of knew to trainz and any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

i just downloaded connyxy Amtrak hhp8 from the wayback machine for Tane. in driver it says it has front and rear marker lights but when I try to turn them on nothing happens. when I look at the config file everything appears to be correct. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem or knows how to fix it. I'm still kind of knew to trainz and any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

The marker lights probably are working fine. There's an issue with T:ANE, or there was in the past where marker lights and other corona type assets didn't shine brightly. This may very well be the problem. My recommendation is to ensure you are up to the latest service pack just in case that solves that problem.

That is pretty old content and if that feature depends on trainzscript code to work it may be that updates to trainzscript in TS12 and TANE have broken it. I'm not a coder but I would advise you to search the forum for threads about that loco and see if someone has posted the answer to how to fix it.

William

That is pretty old content and if that feature depends on trainzscript code to work it may be that updates to trainzscript in TS12 and TANE have broken it. I'm not a coder but I would advise you to search the forum for threads about that loco and see if someone has posted the answer to how to fix it.

William

This very well could be the case in particular if the content creator did things that were interpreted differently in TS12 and below, but are now completely ignored since the scripts for this may have been updated. These workarounds and holes, as someone told me they're called, occur quite often in various programs but the problem is they can be version-specific. When specifications change or programs are updated, these holes go away and that script or aspect no longer works.

i looked and yes the lights are on but there just too dim to see. is there a way to make the lights shine brighter so that there more [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]visible[/FONT].

i looked and yes the lights are on but there just too dim to see. is there a way to make the lights shine brighter so that there more visible.

There is a way, but I've forgotten. You can try replacing the coronas with some others that are brighter. You need to substitute the corona-asset KUIDs in the HPP-8 config.txt file. This has to be done in two places within the config.txt file. First where it's represented in the mesh-table and then in the Kuid-table that's usually located at the very bottom of the asset.

Back