Signals All Red?

boleyd

I am using searchlight signals. When I start a session all signals remain red. I assumed that one of the first things would be to set all signals to a state appropriate to the session's presented initial conditions. The train then advances toward the signal and quickly assumes its slow crawl (2mph) toward the signal eventually stopping. ALL the signals on the route exhibit this anomaly. Using the E. Kentucky route (EK3) with one active engine/train. Perhaps it has some characteristic that renders it incompatible with the new program.:confused: Deleting all signals on the route allows the engine to proceed normally to its destination.:wave: Ticket:#UQS-670-72968:eek:

Last edited:
Make sure your leading engine is facing forward. There's been a change to the JR signal script where the signals remain red when the engine faces away from the signals. Other non-JR signals work fine such as those by Railroad Signal and Justin Roth (same script). This makes for fun switching duties where you need to back up your train out of a siding.

Justin Cornell made this script change to help with performance in T:ANE, but he's never returned the signal logic back to how they used to work. It's too bad because I really like his signals. I've been meaning to post a question about that in the Jointed Rail forum, but I forgot about that until now. Maybe he'll happen upon this thread and 'splain.

Engine facing forward according to green arrow. Now using Safetran Signals and same action. Changed engines to the RVSX SW1500 which has never shown to have a problem where it is at fault. Same action. Gantry signals same. I assume that this is some option I have set or there would be more complaints.

This problem has plagued me for several iterations of TRS19. However, either it was fixed or I did something to get around it. However, in the past the train would slow on red, stop count to 10 and move on. I just it assumed it was another faulty attempt to create some action so it looked like a real railway operation with stuff starting, pausing and restarting for no rational reason. New motherboard and an SSD. Must be the power supply....... Windows10 V-1903.

My solution is to simply delete all signals and self-manage the railroad from "above".

Engine facing forward according to green arrow. Now using Safetran Signals and same action. Changed engines to the RVSX SW1500 which has never shown to have a problem where it is at fault. Same action. Gantry signals same. I assume that this is some option I have set or there would be more complaints.

This problem has plagued me for several iterations of TRS19. However, either it was fixed or I did something to get around it. However, in the past the train would slow on red, stop count to 10 and move on. I just it assumed it was another faulty attempt to create some action so it looked like a real railway operation with stuff starting, pausing and restarting for no rational reason. New motherboard and an SSD. Must be the power supply....... Windows10 V-1903.

My solution is to simply delete all signals and self-manage the railroad from "above".

I have no issues with the signals I've placed so there's something else amiss, outside of the JR signals only working with the cab in the front. Have you tried a DBR? That might fix the problem.

To update you on this item, it relates to the changes to Pause mentioned in last weeks news. We're working on solutions to the various issues created.

Back