Missing Dependencies for Whiteshore Route

It's good you got that all sorted out, Annie. Having the trains piled all together in one spot off the rails (and sometimes off the map) is one of those reported problems that no one seems to know how to or want to fix. As you noted, even deleting them is quite the task. I initially found some invisible train cars that I managed to delete.

I have not moved my Whiteshore route from TANE SP4 to TRS19 for many reasons, one of which is that Quick Portal Manager gets quirky when not in TANE. I have got it to work in TRS19 SP3, but it can be cranky. In TANE it seems to work in a fairly stable manner, and even with my saving the game and coming back to it later, the portals still seem to emit properly. Having staging and holding tracks off map will certainly avoid any portal crankiness.

I use those two trackmarks in the yard, ARKx Pickup and INN Sx Pickup, for AI trains from the two portals. I have a fair-sized freight of about 10-12 cars (if it is too long there may be time-out problems with the portals that N3V never fixed) arrive from the north Arkham Portal. The AI driver drops the cars at the WS SB Freight Stop trackmark, then backs in and using "Couple at Trackmark ARKx Pickup" command, it then drags off the line of cars that have been loaded/unloaded and are ready for removal on that track, and heads back to the Arkham portal. I do the same with a freight coming from the INNsmouth Portal on the south. The double wye tracks work perfectly for this sort of maneuver.

I then have my 0-8-0 pull the new string of cars into the yard for delivery to town or the port.

All the while, I have those commuter cars on schedule to arrive every 30 minutes at the passenger station, both northbound and southbound, so you never get the feeling you are all alone on the route. As I added interaction to the nearby coal mine, I have to be careful not to interfere with the passenger schedule when loading up coal for delivery to the power plant in town. That street running to the power plant is some of the nicest I've seen done. Of course the residents can't be happy with the 0-8-0 belching steam and cinders down their street on a regular coal delivery, especially on laundry day. :hehe:

I'll also schedule an afternoon AI pickup at those same noted trackmarks for an engine to arrive and pickup the ones I've finished with by the end of the day. That way there is some incentive to get freight loaded/unloaded and cars back for pickup by the appointed time. Can't let those freight cars sit in the yard for long. As they say, an empty yard is a yard that is making money.

Thanks Gary, I'm taking careful note of your approach to operating the layout which sounds good to me as I like trip working and shunting/switching. I have to agree that street running section to the power plant is pretty darn cool.
Somehow my beta TRS22 install has become little America with my TRS19 SP4 install still very much being pre-1924 Britain. All good though as the object was for me to have a change of scene for a while as well as give TRS22 a good testing out to see if I want to stick with it. I haven't tried using any portal management assets in TRS22, but I can report that portals are working properly which is a great relief after them being more or less broken in TRS19 SP3.
I see that two of the missing assets Ken found were a Coke and a Pepsi machine. Well they are no loss and are of no importance so I won't be doing anything about them.
One of the other missing/unknown assets that I eventually discovered that I'd archived away with all the other PL assets I'd collected was <kuid2:30671:27378:1> PL MidwestGrain by LLJ

This is my New Haven stock list so far with all of these cars being Ok in TRS22. There's a small supporting cast from other lines, some of which are under probation while I make up my mind about them, but I haven't gone overboard having foreign freight cars on the layout. The top two assets in the list are on the DLS and the rest are from Trainz Forge. I haven't had any luck with finding a New Haven caboose as yet.

<kuid2:56063:180625:3> Flatcar 40ft New Haven (DLS)
<kuid2:56063:150297:5> Coal 2 Bay Hopper New Haven #MFX (DLS)
<kuid:376853:102015> 41FT Gondola NH Red
<kuid:376853:102013> 41FT Gondola NH 1
<kuid:376853:102014> 41FT Gondola NH 2
<kuid2:648132:89838:1> 36ft Boxcar NH
<kuid2:648132:89840:1> 36ft Boxcar NH Fishbelly
<kuid2:648132:89839:1> 36ft Boxcar NH Steel Ends

Last edited:
In a search in my TRS19 CM under All Content for NH Caboose, I came up with the following:

<kuid2:520526:1527:1> NH Class NE-5 Caboose
<kuid2:520526:1534:1> NH Class NE-5 Caboose McG2
<kuid2:520526:1531:1> NH Class NE-5 Caboose McGinnis
<kuid2:520526:1529:1> NH Class NE-5 Caboose Undec
<kuid2:520526:1802:1> NH Class NE-4 Caboose

Under my TANE route, I also have the following by pweiser:

<kuid2:520526:2449:1> NH Class NE-6 Caboose McG Black
<kuid2:520526:2450:1> NH Class NE-6 Caboose McG White
<kuid2:520526:2451:1> NH Class NE-6 Caboose McG Alt

They are all by author pweiser. He has put together some really cool things, many for the New Haven. You should be able to use some of these. I especially like the NE-6 paint schemes.

Thank you very much Gary, - for some reason or another I missed finding those.

Edit: Wow, -Pweiser has certainly made some very nice NH assets.

Last edited:
Oops!

Y4ITb8O.jpg

And it would have been an easy guess that I was going to find this. Overbright lamp coronas fixed, windows to sort out next.

myKjvwa.jpg

I've gotta say, this little route is proving to be quite photogenic. The colour palette suits morning or evening shots quite nicely, billboard trees and all (using TRS19 default environment settings). And, of course, it's fun to add to and update it as well. Thanks for the reminder that brought me back to it again.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers,
Piere.

Your screenshots certainly make the Autumn colours look good Piere. The changes in environmental lighting in TRS22 were unfortunately a step too far for the Billboard trees so that's why I changed them out for RMM trees.

It still look very good in TANE, Piere. Early morning is very convincing.

I like your and Annie's shots. It is very photogenic and there is quite a lot to do. Setting up the portals with freight arrivals and departures can make the small yard a very busy and cramped place quickly. :eek:

It's neat that you "re-discovered" it and Annie discovered it. I'm glad you both are having a good time with it.

Your screenshots certainly make the Autumn colours look good Piere. The changes in environmental lighting in TRS22 were unfortunately a step too far for the Billboard trees so that's why I changed them out for RMM trees.

Thanks very much Annie,

That's a shame to hear about TRS22. I haven't downloaded mine yet, so it will be a shame if it spoils a lot of stuff I already have (and like).

It still look very good in TANE, Piere. Early morning is very convincing.

I like your and Annie's shots. It is very photogenic and there is quite a lot to do. Setting up the portals with freight arrivals and departures can make the small yard a very busy and cramped place quickly. :eek:

It's neat that you "re-discovered" it and Annie discovered it. I'm glad you both are having a good time with it.

Thanks Heinrich. Portals are a bit beyond me for the time being. But it is still a nice little layout to muck around on.

It's interesting how some old classics like this one, Trainz Forge's Patriot River Lines and Felix_G's Emily Bay are still great and enjoyable routes.

Cheers,
Piere.

By using Quick Portal Manager, I can time AI trains from both portals to come in, use the double track wye, and pull out cars I have set up for pickup. That way, both pick-up tracks can be used for some simulated action going both north and south. The yard is quite cramped, but that makes it interesting when trying to set up cars for pickup. It would be perfect for CMTM, but I've no idea how to make that work. :confused:

You might want to have a look at this thread https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...affic-Management-System-(CMTM)&highlight=cmtm

At the moment you can only spawn one train per portal but on-route CMTM things work. Mostly. If you want to go deeper or more complex or use very big routes, I ask for a bit more patience but I can leave this here so long ....
Lockheed

Lockheed02,
I did follow your thread, and I am in complete agreement that CMTM truly makes a route come alive. I've worked some of the older and original CMTM routes, and the feeling of actually working a railroad, setting out cars, then picking them up later when they have loaded/unloaded, and having them picked up by a freight that follows a schedule is just about the most realistic and closest that one can get to "working" a railroad. And if set up right in CMTM, this goes on for a week. Amazing! Some of my most immersive and addictive experiences playing Trainz have been with CMTM.

It is even a plus that you don't need an industry to be interactive - the computer handles the time of the loading/unloading, and you get notice when the car is ready to be picked up. You only need to set the car out at the industry and then "notify" the game that the car has been delivered.

But actually entering all the cars to be used, and the actual setting up of CMTM for the route, is something I've really not been able to get my head around. I've read "the manual" on how to set things up, but then things get sort of overwhelming and confusing.

For a smaller route, like the Whiteshore, I agree. CMTM would be amazing for it, but the portals would be problematic. With QPM in TANE right now, I've got a lot of flexibility for having arriving trains show up to pick up the cars I set out. I'm not sure that QPM would work within CMTM. There is always the timing out problem for trains that enter from portals with CMTM.

Regards,
Heinrich505

I've recently downloaded this route myself and the only kuid I'm missing is
kuid:457919:100393 and most of the track is missing. I did a google search but nothing came up. Can anyone help me out?

I've downloaded the file there twice and it never appears. There is a session in my menu but when I go int it there are no instructions.

There are no driver instructions from what I remember but the sidings and engine facility are populated. Creating a session or two for the route is pretty simple. There are two portals and a wye-yard setup to service the "mainline" and the yard serves the ports.

You can merge the route quite well into many other routes because it's done on level terrain. I used the route in a couple of my larger routes because of the layout. Both of them make use of the line down to the port with one running along the waterfront and off to another portal and the other has its own line that swings up and around the big hill on the right and connects to another route via a long bridge across the water.

This is the cool part about Trainz. You can do all kinds of things with content you download including within limits, including the built-in and DLC routes as well. While these routes can't be merged directly, you can connect them using i-portals. Nifty little assets which have a bit of magic associated with them.

Back