Missing Dependencies for Whiteshore Route

BigBoyBen54

I have downloaded the Whiteshore Route from JointedRail and TrainzForge Weebly, but I am missing some dependencies.

<kuid:74779:1057>
<kuid:276364:100105>
<kuid:336419:190009>
<kuid:336419:1043>
<kuid:370528:1262>
<kuid:96663:25706>
<kuid2:210518:7946:1>
<kuid:336419:1034>
<kuid:106916:10420>
<kuid:96663:25712>
<kuid:106916:10467>
<kuid:276364:100103>
<kuid:370528:1166>
<kuid:71619:38015>
<kuid:336419:1035>
<kuid:267178:1528>
<kuid:106916:10468>
<kuid:96663:25708>
<kuid:370528:1255>
<kuid:370528:1317>
<kuid:546000:100069>

If anyone knows where I can find these dependencies, let me know.

Whiteshore seems to be the route that will never have all the dependencies for users nowadays. I'd put the numbers of the deps I'm missing, but they're already listed by OP.

I have downloaded the WhiteshoreRoute from JointedRail and TrainzForge Weebly, but I am missing some dependencies.

<kuid:74779:1057>
<kuid:336419:1043>
<kuid:370528:1262>
<kuid:96663:25706>
<kuid:336419:1034>
<kuid:106916:10420>
<kuid:96663:25712>
<kuid:106916:10467>
<kuid:370528:1166>
<kuid:71619:38015>
<kuid:336419:1035>
<kuid:267178:1528>
<kuid:106916:10468>
<kuid:96663:25708>
<kuid:370528:1255>
<kuid:370528:1317>
<kuid:546000:100069>

If anyone knows where I can find these dependencies, let me know.

Kuid:96663:25706, Kuid:96663:25708 http://www.spaintrainzrutas.com/download/index.php?dlid=252

Whiteshore seems to be the route that will never have all the dependencies for users nowadays. I'd put the numbers of the deps I'm missing, but they're already listed by OP.

The only reason that I can see that Whiteshore is still on offer at JointedRail and TrainzForge Weebly is that it provides a more or less useful template for further modification so long as you're able to be persistent enough to figure out what bits are missing. It's a rum do though when not even the Romanians and the Russians can come up with any of those missing assets.

I have the route from the early days. The install back then was painful due to the KUID hunt required to find all the assets. Today, many of the assets are unavailable due to websites no longer in existence with USLW being one of them.

Once I finally got the route installed, I ran into performance issues due to the number of grass splines. There are grass splines upon grass splines laid down upon more and more of them in some areas. This route was created before Turf-FX, but still the grass still doesn't have to be that thick. I ended up deleting many of the splines and still have plenty of grass coverage. In addition to the grass, I ended up simplifying some of the tracks around the yard area. The yard isn't so much of a yard as it should be and is a double-tracked wye.

After I cleaned up the route, I ran it as is then set out to modernize it and merged it into another route where it still exists today as a midpoint between another route.

Last edited:
By dogged persistence i got the list of missings and unknown assets down to 20 or so John and then I did the delete missing assets thing and started on the tidy up. I've taken Whiteshore into TRS22 and with me being me I'll wind the clock back some more as i continue to work on the route/layout.
So far the trees have been changed out for RMM speed trees which took away the Autumn setting, but that really can't be helped as the billboard trees looked terrible in TRS22. I haven't looked at the grass splines yet, but I think some of them were missing and unable to be found before I even started doing anything. Like you I can see myself eventually merging and extending Whiteshore as it's a good basis for me to build up into the kind of shortline shunting/switching layout that I like best.

I also have a boatload of missing/unknown assets, but I didn't change much as I didn't want it modernized. It does capture the look and feel of a small New England port.

By using Quick Portal Manager, I can time AI trains from both portals to come in, use the double track wye, and pull out cars I have set up for pickup. That way, both pick-up tracks can be used for some simulated action going both north and south. The yard is quite cramped, but that makes it interesting when trying to set up cars for pickup. It would be perfect for CMTM, but I've no idea how to make that work. :confused:

I have two AI B&M commuter trains that rush through every 30 minutes to service the station. They seem to interact fairly well with only the single track main. They only stop for 20 seconds, as there isn't a lot of passenger service here, but there is always someone going to Portland, ME or Boston, MA.

The water plugs are animated, which is really cool when loading Ben Neals 0-8-0 that was reskinned for New Haven by Jacksonbarno. The coal tower works too.

It is a wonderful little route, one that I come back to from time to time, just to do some switching or make minor adjustments. I've added BI3 tracks to industries that need them for interaction, and bit by bit, I'm adjusting things so they seem to work right. It could be so much more, but my route-building skills are only rudimentary, at best, so I just make it work for me.

I found the New Haven 0-8-0's, - great brutes that they are, - and I think they should do nicely. I also have an undecorated Alco 0-6-0 of no fixed abode that should be useful as well. I think I'm going to have to investigate B13 tracks as you have done Gary. There's a missing/unknown/not there at all interactive industry track by LLJ down at the port for a start that needs sorting out.
Being a complete new chum to US Railroads I worry that I'm going to make a complete pratt of myself with Whiteshore, but I guess that I'm just being silly.

BBO7FpD.jpg

That NH 0-8-0 is quite a beast, and more than capable for handling all the shunting chores. I'd say the 0-6-0 is a good choice too. The route has so much potential, and it's too bad the missing/unknown assets are an initial put-off. In order to make sure the Quick Portal Manager worked right, I did add another baseboard to the north and south ends, so that the portals were not hanging off the edge of the route. They've been known to act up if left hanging like that.

You'll do fine, Annie. Your tree replacement choice looks good, but I've kept the old ones that are showing fall colors for now. It really brings back memories of living in that area during the fall leaf season.

The BI3 industry tracks fit fairly well at the industries I've made interactive already. I plan to do more. It was really nice that the route was already populated with freight cars, but I've replaced the fictitious ones with actual railroad ones.

With the double-track wye, I can schedule AI trains to come from either end, drop off a string of cars, then swing around the wye to pick up the waiting ones, and then scoot off to the portal they came from. With the AI making the initial deliveries in the morning and the afternoon pick-up of set-out cars, that frees me up to do the sorting, local delivery, and set-out for the pick-up. Of course that means I have to use my imagination to determine what car goes to what industry, how long it takes to load/unload it, and which set-out track it goes.

G'day All,

The resurgence of this thread has prompted me to go back and have another look at this interesting little route (after bringing it into TRS19).

I've done the usual asset hunt on TKI, and found a few, but I'm left with the following unknowns.
Edit: Apologies, I forgot to go and check my Tane install. I'm actually down to just the following:

Would anyone happen to know where or, at least what, any of these might be?

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Piere.

Last edited:
Piere,
That kuid2:210518:7946:1 is showing as a Grain Rack by author bendorsey in build 2.4, but I've no clue where it came from.

The other three you noted are missing/unknown for me, as well as 20 others. The missing stuff doesn't seem to cause me any problems on the route.

Hope that is helpful.

Heinrich505

Sorry Piere those are all on my unfound list as well. I'm impressed that you got your missings list down to just four though.
Once I'd finally found all the trackwork assets I pretty much called it a day since the rest of the missing assets didn't look to be all that essential.

That NH 0-8-0 is quite a beast, and more than capable for handling all the shunting chores. I'd say the 0-6-0 is a good choice too. The route has so much potential, and it's too bad the missing/unknown assets are an initial put-off. In order to make sure the Quick Portal Manager worked right, I did add another baseboard to the north and south ends, so that the portals were not hanging off the edge of the route. They've been known to act up if left hanging like that.

You'll do fine, Annie. Your tree replacement choice looks good, but I've kept the old ones that are showing fall colors for now. It really brings back memories of living in that area during the fall leaf season.

The BI3 industry tracks fit fairly well at the industries I've made interactive already. I plan to do more. It was really nice that the route was already populated with freight cars, but I've replaced the fictitious ones with actual railroad ones.

With the double-track wye, I can schedule AI trains to come from either end, drop off a string of cars, then swing around the wye to pick up the waiting ones, and then scoot off to the portal they came from. With the AI making the initial deliveries in the morning and the afternoon pick-up of set-out cars, that frees me up to do the sorting, local delivery, and set-out for the pick-up. Of course that means I have to use my imagination to determine what car goes to what industry, how long it takes to load/unload it, and which set-out track it goes.

Thanks Gary. I'm going to add two baseboards as well to support the portals and I might also put in return loops since I've found them useful on my other layouts.
If I'd hunted around I might have been able to find some suitable season trees, but with the RMM trees being a known quantity that I've used before with success I decided to go with those. I did limit my use of trees that had intensely green foliage though.
TRS22 doesn't like some of the scripting and use of aliasing on certain JR rolling stock so that knocked out some of the freight cars populating the layout. Any surviving fictitious ones I find will be replaced with hopefully more prototypical choices as you have done.
I have yet to explore the operational aspects of Whiteshore, but what you've done certainly sounds workable. As to what freight cars go where I suppose some kind of schedule list like Phil uses with his layouts written in Notepad could be something to try. Choosing which B13 tracks to install could be a part of that as well.

Annie your New Haven 0-6-0s are great switchers. The Boston and Maine had a similar model, but I can't remember what they are. They were neighbors and competitors but were also owned by a single owner twice in their existence. Sadly, both are gone today after pillaging and mergers in the last century.

Here's the static B&M 0-6-0 switcher on display in Lowell, MA. A piano student of mine restored this locomotive.

R.a0072735f11ee7212c28700e80b85725 (750×563) (bing.com)

This is similar to your New Haven models you have.

The White Shore can be fun to operate.

On my merger, the two ends serve as part of a through line with short passenger trains and a few longer freights that pass through on their way to other places.

I too replaced the trees with RMMs. The billboard trees look like cardboard cutouts in both TRS19 and TRS22.

Piere,
That kuid2:210518:7946:1 is showing as a Grain Rack by author bendorsey in build 2.4, but I've no clue where it came from.

The other three you noted are missing/unknown for me, as well as 20 others. The missing stuff doesn't seem to cause me any problems on the route.

Hope that is helpful.

Heinrich505

Thanks Heinrich. I did think it strange that there is a BenDorsey asset that's not from the DLS.

Sorry Piere those are all on my unfound list as well. I'm impressed that you got your missings list down to just four though.
Once I'd finally found all the trackwork assets I pretty much called it a day since the rest of the missing assets didn't look to be all that essential.

Thanks Annie. TKI was very useful (once again) but I don't remember where I would have got the assets that I had in Tane (maybe from the search I did when I installed it there?).

Now to start playing and updating it. ;) I think I'd eventually like to find a way to merge it with Patriot River Lines from Tranz Forge.

Cheers,
Piere.

Annie your New Haven 0-6-0s are great switchers. The Boston and Maine had a similar model, but I can't remember what they are. They were neighbors and competitors but were also owned by a single owner twice in their existence. Sadly, both are gone today after pillaging and mergers in the last century.

Here's the static B&M 0-6-0 switcher on display in Lowell, MA. A piano student of mine restored this locomotive.

R.a0072735f11ee7212c28700e80b85725 (750×563) (bing.com)

This is similar to your New Haven models you have.

The White Shore can be fun to operate.

On my merger, the two ends serve as part of a through line with short passenger trains and a few longer freights that pass through on their way to other places.

I too replaced the trees with RMMs. The billboard trees look like cardboard cutouts in both TRS19 and TRS22.

Thank you very much for the link John. I see your clever piano student used PBR textures when he restored that B&M switcher :hehe:
Seriously though it's good to have a useful reference photo.

It was a toss up as to whether I chose the B&M or New Haven when I was doing a little research on New England lines, but my choice was made once Gary mentioned the New Haven switchers on Trainz Forge's old Weebly website.

Now to start playing and updating it. ;) I think I'd eventually like to find a way to merge it with Patriot River Lines from Tranz Forge.

Cheers,
Piere.

As tempting as it to become intoxicated by the new layout smell and want to start rushing around joining things on to it I think I'll concentrate on getting it all working properly first. It's certainly an interesting and unusual trackplan with the way the branch to the port connects to the mainline via a wye.

re post #11 Pierre
Hello Pierre,
<kuid:276364:100103> 1950s Coke Machine by JadeBullet
<kuid:276364:100105> 1950s Pepsi Machine by JadeBullet
Not sure where I got these two from, but there must be suitable alternatives available

<kuid:336419:190009> US Road Sign Entering Left by eastcoasttrainzs
Not now available see https://n8phu.wordpress.com/eastcoasttrainzs-content/
Must be an alternative available
Cheers, Ken

Well that was awkward. There were invisible freight cars amongst the trees and on the tracks and they were more annoying than tricky to get rid of them all. The visible imaginary freight cars that came with the layout look to be JR assets and they were having all kind of problems with their texture aliasing and kept shuffling their textures around. I deleted them all and replaced them with freight cars from Trainz Forge as well as some nice older New Haven freight cars that were on the DLS. I like using TRS22, but it gives anything that depends on magic scripts and aliasing a right old hiding. Fortunately most Trainz rolling stock from my prefered time period doesn't have all the magic stuff so it's fine in TRS22.

re post #11 Pierre
Hello Pierre,
<kuid:276364:100103> 1950s Coke Machine by JadeBullet
<kuid:276364:100105> 1950s Pepsi Machine by JadeBullet
Not sure where I got these two from, but there must be suitable alternatives available

<kuid:336419:190009> US Road Sign Entering Left by eastcoasttrainzs
Not now available see https://n8phu.wordpress.com/eastcoasttrainzs-content/
Must be an alternative available
Cheers, Ken

Awesome! Thanks very much Ken, that's great info. Now I know what to substitute.

Cheers,
Piere.

Back