TRS19 Textures and Grid Problem

neville_hill

I've a feeling this is something very obvious but I can't find an answer as yet. Having transferred a TANE WIP route to TRS19 which is as yet untextured, the (5m) grid squares now appear to have a bolt in each corner. Is this normal or does it indicate I have some special setting switched on? Furthermore, when I seek to lay down a standard texture onto this grid it depresses the ground level in that area. I notice that a PBR texture goes down without lowering the ground level. I have been advised that the special grid is something to do with PBR textures. How can I revert to a standard grid that doesn't subside when I add a texture? Is all this covered somewhere in the Wiki? Thanks.

Thanks marrufijd.
So, everytime a non-PBR texture is applied in TRS19, will it make the ground level dip?
When you apply a non-PBR texture over a PBR texture the ground will appear to lower. If there is a non-PBR texture already applied, the apparent level doesn't change.

Thanks SailorDan - indeed, after further investigation I've discovered what many others probably already knew, but which might be worth setting out for those new to TRS19:
1) The bolts are standard, although their purpose remains a mystery.
2) Place a house on a virgin untextured TRS19 route and the house and ground level are at level 0.00
3) surround the house with a traditional texture and the grid lines will deflect downwards but the house stays at 0.00 and the ground level still reads as 0.00
4) surround the house with a PBR texture and the grid lines will not appear to dip, and the house and ground level remain at 0.00
5) lay a traditional track and surround it with a traditional ballast texture and the grid lines will appear to deflect beneath the track but the track remains level and the ground level registers as 0.00
6) as is well documented, junctions between areas of traditional texture and PBR textures will give nasty effects which need to be avoided or disguised.

Back