Bathurst to Lithgow Route

:hehe: lol. I'll have to do some research and see if it even existed back in the 1920's, which I strongly doubt. However, at least part of the area is on the baseboards. I wonder if there is a way to write on the ground surface.... again, doubtful. :Y:

Old Bathurst Railway Bridge
wde7Yw6.jpg

hYpgI2K.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Steve, I actually saw those in the Australian Screenshots first. I am guessing those views are before it was completed, as there are 7 arches. The detail is extremely good, however if I might say from my photo sources the arches are too high and don't appear to have an open box at there base? Admittedly the photos aren't the best. I can only imagine the amount of work that's gone into that, it certainly looks very realistic.

Edit, just been informed by the wife we have to go to Bathurst Monday, so I might see if I can get near that bridge and take my own photos. There is no road up to it and the new bridge blocks it from the north side where there is a road nearby.

Last edited:
The open box is the Como bridge shot ,, so i will fix it to the Old Bathurst Bridge in about 30 minutes or so in between me working in the shop here and i will drop the height,, i just wanted to allow for a double stack container car to get through ,, the arch i built is independent of the Bridge spline and can be placed anywhere on the bridge,,
If you can get better photo's then i will get the model as close as possible the the real bridge for you,,,
Regards Stephen

Last edited:
Well I said it on the other forum post, but thanks again. I shall endeavour to get some informative photos.

:hehe: lol. I'll have to do some research and see if it even existed back in the 1920's, which I strongly doubt. However, at least part of the area is on the baseboards. I wonder if there is a way to write on the ground surface.... again, doubtful. :Y:

The Mount Panorama racing circuit dates from the late 1930's. The 'Great Race' moved to Bathurst from Phillip Island in 1963. Maybe some one can chime in with a date for the appearance of the ground writing.

Last edited:
The Mount Panorama racing circuit dates from the late 1930's. The 'Great Race' moved to Bathurst from Phillip Island in 1963. Maybe some one can chime in with a date for the appearance of the ground writing.

Hi Phil, During the 1960s, as teenagers, we would drive to Bathurst for the car races and camp on the mountain. In all those years, I don't recall seeing the ground sign at all.

I could be wrong, but it looks like it has been installed in much later years.

Cheers,
Roy

You could be right about that ground sign. Just a quick screen shot as I work on building up Bathurst.

Under-construction%2C-near-Bathurst-Station-looking-towards-MacQuarie-River..jpg

Couple more shots as I continue working on this.

Bathurst-Station-circa-1920s-WIP.jpg

Bathurst Station (still incomplete) and below 2 blocks up from the station. Thanks to Roy we finally have some real Aussie footpaths with gutters. Just need a full grass one with gutter ;-)

Bathurst-circa-1920s-WIP..jpg

Thanks Roy, I'm enjoying it, even though it's a lot of work. I just have to sort out stations, given AJS invisible ones don't work, but I have gotten answers as to why not. For some reason they are using an outdated passenger commodity.

Good stuff Al.

My son lives in Bathurst, and I have walked the Bathurst station precincts many times. It's great to see it coming to life in Trainz. Love those old pubs !

Slowly getting there and I want to have it finished in the next month. The total failure of AJS invisible stations as I've mentioned elsewhere is a royal pain. I have found station platforms by bloodnok that work and DMT invisible stations but the first is a problem with nothing shorter than 70 metres. Both have the major problem of attached track. This is somewhat annoying to say the least given almost every station on this route is on a grade, with Marangaroo on a 1 in 42! To level out for the shortest (50m DMT) means approaching and departing grades have to be steeper! As we would say in Australia "not happy Jan." Then there are the curved stations but I finally found some DMT ones by scottish that solved that problem, although again I had to level out the sites. This means the route is less accurate, but I see no alternatives.

Meanwhile another screenshot.

Bowenfels-just-become-double-track-work.jpg

Another screenshot just passed Bowenfels. In the 1920's the single track to Bathurst was dual gauged with various deviations to ease steep grades. The tunnel passed Marrangaroo was replaced with another dual track one. So sections of this route are single tracked from there to Sodwalls, dual tracked passed Locksley with a couple of sections of single track after that, then from Wambool it's dual track all the way to Bathurst. Except the bridge over the MacQaurie river is (still) single track.

Question, do you think the single track sections will be a problem/annoying? I still need to learn about the interlocking towers, the session/routes I downloaded for them don't seem to offer actual help...

1920s%2C-double-tracking-and-easing-grades-west-of-Bowenfels.jpg

Question, do you think the single track sections will be a problem/annoying?

There's nothing annoying about the single-track line here, although, you might find a better bridge because that one is really, really old!

If you are wondering about AI being dumb and clogging up things because it wants to take a short-cut, there's two ways to prevent that.

1) Put in track marks on the double-track mainline and in your driver's schedule tell the drivers to drive via those track marks.

This will force them to ignore the single-track, and you can use the single-track as is in place occasionally either for driving yourself, or put in a track mark on that line to have AI drive on it occasionally.

2) If you want the single-track there for show, you can put in directional markers placed so that they act as blockers to prevent the AI from entering in the line at all.

The AI will see the entrance to the single-track as a do not enter and will remain on the mainline.

Back