Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bathurst to Lithgow Route

not sure if these are any help, but 2 shots of the Macquarie river bridge taken in 1971 for you https://pbase.com/stanb/image/170144147 & https://pbase.com/stanb/image/170144146

I did find a few random shots of raglan, Bathurst and Kelso taken during the same period which may be of use too, let me know if you be interested

Every photo helps to create a better asset ,,
    Regards Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Alikiwi View Post
    lol. I'll have to do some research and see if it even existed back in the 1920's, which I strongly doubt. However, at least part of the area is on the baseboards. I wonder if there is a way to write on the ground surface.... again, doubtful.

The Mount Panorama racing circuit dates from the late 1930's. The 'Great Race' moved to Bathurst from Phillip Island in 1963. Maybe some one can chime in with a date for the appearance of the ground writing.
    Last edited by FootplatePhil; December 4th, 2019 at 07:08 AM.
    Phil
    'WeddinNSW V4' for TRS2019 and 'WeddinNSW - Young Extension' now on the DLS.

Quote Originally Posted by FootplatePhil View Post
    The Mount Panorama racing circuit dates from the late 1930's. The 'Great Race' moved to Bathurst from Phillip Island in 1963. Maybe some one can chime in with a date for the appearance of the ground writing.

Hi Phil, During the 1960s, as teenagers, we would drive to Bathurst for the car races and camp on the mountain. In all those years, I don't recall seeing the ground sign at all.

I could be wrong, but it looks like it has been installed in much later years.

Cheers,
    Roy

You could be right about that ground sign. Just a quick screen shot as I work on building up Bathurst.

Couple more shots as I continue working on this.

Bathurst Station (still incomplete) and below 2 blocks up from the station. Thanks to Roy we finally have some real Aussie footpaths with gutters. Just need a full grass one with gutter ;-)