Bathurst to Lithgow Route

There's no issue regarding which to use, just that the double track goes into single, then later back to double. In the limited tests I've done so far, it seems ok, but I'll check out those interlocking towers at some stage. I have however had to replace some cliff splines, mainly the QR cutting types, as periodically the ends vanish and leaves a gaping hole! They are build 2.9, so maybe too dated. Hoping to get this finished in a few weeks....

I've been working on this for 18 months! Boy that's a long time. I had hoped to finish it this month, but after 14 months, a local train driver who also knows the route and it's history, finally after said 14 months and much prodding from me, finally sent me 17 pages of PDF with layouts of various stations and yards. Unfortunately some of this is considerable different to what I thought, and/or has provided more, and so I suspect it will take me another 2 months to correct some layouts and add in others that I didn't know about.

Well it's finished. Mind you, I keep seeing things that could be tweaked, or improved but somewhere you have to draw the line and move onto the next route. Anyone interested in testing it? I've included a number of items including a 1920s Australia region to have suitable traffic. One tester reports its missing items I've included, yet my checks don't show anything missing. So if you'd like to check it out, please PM me, thanks.

Maybe this will help peak interest, but still looking for someone to test this and confirm if there are any missing items, or a report of a missing item that isn't even in the route. With over 45 industries which should all work, there's a lot to do. Admittedly not a massive amount of NSW rolling stock for the 1920s but certain enough to provide variety, and a varied landscape. Let me know if you want a free copy, its 24.5mb in a CDP.

Wallerawang-in-the-wee-early-hours%2C-circa-1925.jpg

The above photo is Wallerawang, once a busy station, no trains now stop here and it's become a coffee shop. Below is the old tunnel through 'Tunnel Hill', now replaced by a double track tunnel on a nearby deviation.

Coal-Run-to-Bathurst.jpg

Hey nice work mate. I spent quite a few years growing up in and around Bathurst. Coincidentally I was browsing the DLS today out of curiosity to see if anyone had built anything in the area.

West of the Blue Mountains sadly doesn't see a lot of love in this game. Nice to see the region make an appearance.

Well I did do the Zig-Zag circa 1910 which is on the DLS. FootplatePhil and a few others have made various country routes, see <kuid:56603:100891> WeddinNSW V3.1 (TANE) amongst many.

Well I did do the Zig-Zag circa 1910 which is on the DLS. FootplatePhil and a few others have made various country routes, see <kuid:56603:100891> WeddinNSW V3.1 (TANE) amongst many.

I see Rastis has has TS 2019. Tomtre's Southlines 2020 and my WeddinNSW 4.1 are TS2019 SP1 routes which merge together seamlessly, and cover hundreds of kms of south-west NSWGR (including Harden to Cootamundra, Cowra to Demondrille, and the Grenfell and Eugowra branchlines). I am currently working with NSWGR_46class on a seamless merge for the Blayney to Cowra section (his "Lines to the Lachlan" route).

PGibbons has done several of the other branches that connect to Southlines. Also check out grazlash's uploads.

Now we need someone to do Blayney to Bathurst, so we connect with Alikiwis route!

My conclusion: the lines west of the Blue Mountains are loved.

Last edited:
Ok, so first I've been busy with real life issues, enough said. As some know, I already released this on my website, but N3V have done a backflip and are no-longer accepting DLC for TANE. In fact they are ending support for TANE completely in September. Enough said on that I guess too.

The reality is this, getting it into TRS19 (before they create yet another version) is a massive job. First over 2,500 assets had to be imported from TANE to TRS19 just for this route, which I've now done. Then there were missing dependencies, done that too. Now the real problem, over 670 assets were broken.............

How TRS19 breaks stuff has no rational system to it. FMA banks (embankments) some broken (usually the ones I use), some not. Same build numbers. st_rmm trees, 2/3rds broken, some not. VSR platform stations which I used extensively, ALL double track ones broken, singles not. Oddly the singles appear to have been updated to build 4.5, doubles haven't. Stone viaducts, ye gads, broken (non track type). I'm still working on replacing them with a track version. There are 21 between Rydal and Locksley, so that's a major job in itself. Well, you get the picture. For the life of me I can't understand this, why one item is broken (texture file is missing) and yet other identical items with some slight variation aren't broken.

In trying to replace items I have sometimes been forced to use a LOWER build number cause it works in TRS19, where the higher build version doesn't. The only way to do this is in TANE as you can't bulk replace broken items in TRS19. So I have to have both games running and check what works, then put it in the TANE version. Disappointingly the Oz Pub sound doesn't work in TRS because of the usual missing "texture files" ???? It's a sound file ---- and there appears to be not a single other pub sound file anywhere. I'm sure anyone who has created a route, then dragged it into the next version knows all about this, but it's a mind blowing exhausting experience. Oh, maybe I should record some pub sounds myself and create a new one. I did it with bird sounds, so there's something else I should do.

So, don't hold your breath for it in TRS19, given there are other items I can't find replacements for such as the St Georges Cross flag, I mean seriously? For those who don't know it is the English (not British) flag. A minor detail I know, but it's a realistic and appropriate detail for the era. The Saxon Cross is another example, hopefully there's something close? Anyway, life calls, but I will try and get this done. Oh and then there were the mileposts... over 96 of them. Bulk replacement worked, but each (a scenery item, not track object) had to be turned to face the right way - one at a time... Yer, like I said don't hold your breath, but I'll get there eventually. have a nice day lol.

Hang in there Alikiwi! I completely understand what you are saying. As I try to use newer assets in my route, I find myself often scrolling way down to early versions to find what I need. They just don't have newer versions, and if they still work, all is OK. Nothing more frustrating than trying newer assets and TS2019 not liking them for whatever reason, or, as I am still finding, even 4.6 DLS items that have impossible to find missing assets, or payware assets in their makeup.

Take some time and enjoy life, don't let this simulator drive you nuts, it's not worth it. I appreciate all you have done!

Good to hear from you Aliwiki. Hang in there with TRS19. I have to confess, I did not have the number of asset issues you seem to be having, but I probably have far less assets downloaded.

I don't know if NV3 plan to incorporate the 'Unified Driver/Surveyor' interface in future general TRS2019 patches, but I have to say as a route builder that once you get used to its foibles (yes, more foibles!) there is no going back.

Well I'm hanging lol. After replacing 467 items, I re-imported it into TRS19. I then had about 150 broken items! Obviously TRS19 content manager doesn't know what doesn't work for that version. I have rebuilt the wrought iron foot bridges for the third time, and don't know yet if that will work either. How you get a left end not working but a right end does is beyond sense. Oh and the Saxon cross that was faulty, a week later now works? Perhaps one of my DBR fixed something, who knows. I give up trying to understand it, but just plug along. And I do appreciate the thoughts, so back to it and life itself.

Still battling with it. There seems to be a problem with replacing textures, because I keep replacing them, and it keeps saying the old ones are still there?? Does bulk replacing textures not work, although it looks like it is, or is this another glitch where it keeps recording them even after they've been replaced? Ultimately I guess I'll either see blank patches in TRS19 or I won't.

Go into CM and make a picklist of all the textures you want to replace, then drag from the picklist to the 'assets to replace' box. It also works for billboard trees. When the process is complete, 'save as' should clear those old items from the config. There's also build 3.9 speedtree groups that can only be used via a picklist and you'll also need to convert your textures to the smallest scale for best resuts.
Nobody ever said it was easy to convert a big route to TRS19 but with a bit of patience you can get great results.

Last edited:
I never saw in blank spaces so it must have worked, but simply retained them as listed even though they weren't there. But as per my new post (I haven't been around here since the above comment by me), the fact TRS19 doesn't have a working hud, is a deal breaker for me. I don't see me making sessions without it, and I don't see any viable 3ft 6in track for the Townsville route I started. let's see what answers I get before I decide whether to take that back to Tane SP3 (which means restarting it), or if a decent track turns up for TRS19.

Lots of learning along the way, mostly the hard way. The faults with 3ft 6in track wasn't with the track but the library for the standard gauge version. As I found out and Tony mentions somewhere you can't import assets from Tane into TRS19! What I thought was broken, when re-down loaded directly into TRS19 now works, track included. I am still cleaning up the Bathurst route in TRS19, as we all know, every time a route is brought into a newer version the ground sinks under track roads and anywhere it feels like. Things seem to float and have to be adjusted. Whilst I'm doing that I'm taking the time to put in proper road/rail crossings to stop the traffic (just remembered one I missed) and added useful trackmarks in sidings whilst I'm testing a new session or two.

Managed to get some amazing colours in the sky, without trying.

Typical-Spring-Day-Oz-style.jpg

Well this is getting stupid. I just wrote 1 and a half lines, attached 1 picture from the gallery and it locked up for about ten seconds before trowing up this message.

1. "The text that you have entered is too long (3374107 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."
Seriously?????

What I wrote was, that I am nearly finished updating this for TRS19 and have updated sessions from Tane and created new ones. Let's try that picture from the gallery one more time....

Brewongle-Station-Circa-1930.jpg

The interesting thing is the first attempt showed the Windows task bar at the bottom. This time it doesn't :eek:

Hi there, I downloaded your route today and it looks really good so far! Just wanted to see if you could shed some light on the 9 missing assets:

<kuid2:508637:22497:1>
,<kuid2:63290:36001:2>
,<kuid:368725:2009>
,<kuid2:146087:27097:1>
,<kuid:850934:101906>
,<kuid2:508637:22498:1>
,<kuid2:523:1127:2>
,<kuid:850934:102139>
,<kuid2:283523:22051:1>

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers

Hi
Yes I have Those Assets Missing as well,one of those being the Macquarie River Rail Bridge ,but in all a great route.

Thank You
Robert2004-1

Back