Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bathurst to Lithgow Route

Well here's a short video to show the bridge in place. Still heaps to do and still looking for a suitable station building for bathurst.

https://youtu.be/ekYqH6Dcr6E

Nice video Alistair. I noticed at a set of points 3:47 into the video when the train jerked, so the track may need a gentle straighten through the points.

Also do a CTRL H at the start to hide your overlays. Great stuff mate.

Bathurst Railway Station is pretty special. Maybe someone has a few ideas.

Cheers,
    Roy

Saw that jerk myself lol, yes, needs fixing. Lovely photo of the station, must get a few myself.

Just a random picture, although I used it to highlight a problem with the AJS invisible stations. You can't set the length to less than the maximum of 100 metres! Hence the passenger floating on air, even with the number of passengers (to start) set at a mere 5.

The meshes with the attachment points for passengers have a fixed length (for 100m stations ?). If you want to create shorter stations, try using AJS Station 1x50s (50m station).

Peter

Thanks Peter, that works.

Quote Originally Posted by p-dehnert View Post
    The meshes with the attachment points for passengers have a fixed length (for 100m stations ?). If you want to create shorter stations, try using AJS Station 1x50s (50m station).

Peter
    Sadly I've discovered none of the AJS type stations will load passengers! Separate thread started...

Crossing the MacQuarie River into Bathurst.

And on the other side, where there is still a lot of work to be done.

Just wondering Alistair - Will you be placing Mt Panorama as a background for Bathurst?

Cheers,
    Roy

lol. I'll have to do some research and see if it even existed back in the 1920's, which I strongly doubt. However, at least part of the area is on the baseboards. I wonder if there is a way to write on the ground surface.... again, doubtful.

Old Bathurst Railway Bridge

Last edited by steve123; December 3rd, 2019 at 01:44 AM.

Hi Steve, I actually saw those in the Australian Screenshots first. I am guessing those views are before it was completed, as there are 7 arches. The detail is extremely good, however if I might say from my photo sources the arches are too high and don't appear to have an open box at there base? Admittedly the photos aren't the best. I can only imagine the amount of work that's gone into that, it certainly looks very realistic.

Edit, just been informed by the wife we have to go to Bathurst Monday, so I might see if I can get near that bridge and take my own photos. There is no road up to it and the new bridge blocks it from the north side where there is a road nearby.
    Last edited by Alikiwi; December 3rd, 2019 at 04:33 PM.

The open box is the Como bridge shot ,, so i will fix it to the Old Bathurst Bridge in about 30 minutes or so in between me working in the shop here and i will drop the height,, i just wanted to allow for a double stack container car to get through ,, the arch i built is independent of the Bridge spline and can be placed anywhere on the bridge,,
    If you can get better photo's then i will get the model as close as possible the the real bridge for you,,,
    Regards Stephen
    Last edited by steve123; December 4th, 2019 at 05:32 AM.

Well I said it on the other forum post, but thanks again. I shall endeavour to get some informative photos.