Multiple Entries on filters in content manager

Prince271088

Hi all,

When using content manager I like to exclude particular items from coming up in my search. Is there a way to enter multiple items into one field. By this I mean when you create a filter it would look something like

Installed TRUE
On Download Station TRUE
AND NOT
Name ABC

Where the name filter is, is it possible to enter multiple entries into the one box (I've tried separating with a colon and a comma but neither worked) so that I don't have to have multiple rows saying the same thing?

Many thanks

Where the name filter is, is it possible to enter multiple entries into the one box (I've tried separating with a colon and a comma but neither worked) so that I don't have to have multiple rows saying the same thing?
Create a named custom filter that covers the items that you want to exclude. Then use that custom filter after the AND NOT modifier.

Ok not what I meant.

For example I want to do a bulk download for signals but I don't want to download anything that contains Marsz or Lunar. Is there a way I can use one name box (highlighted in bold on original post) to exclude both items or will I have to repeat the AND NOT Name function?

You would have to use multiple lines in the filter, eg

Name ABC
AND NOT
Name DEF
AND NOT
Name GHI

... which would find assets such as "abc", "abcdg", "xyzabc" in their names but not

"abcdefghi", "ghiabc", "abcdef", and various other combinations

Is there a way I can use one name box (highlighted in bold on original post) to exclude both items or will I have to repeat the AND NOT Name function?
You can't use one name box to exclude multiple items (but you already knew that, or you wouldn't have asked the question). But you can achieve exactly the same effect if you put the multiple name lines in a custom filter and use that custom filter as the And Not filter. That way your download filter has one line in the filter for the whole variety of items names you want to exclude and there is no need to repeat the And Not modifier.

Back