Portals - any issues?

boleyd

I have read messages about portal problems. Are there 1 or 2 that have worked reliability? Or, in general, should I be ok with any of the portals on the database? Used to Produce and Consume trains under the control of Quick Portal Manager. Submitted Ticket

Last edited:
Thanks for the info... I just tried a portal asking it to emit a Blue Comet train. It did that ok but the train stopped just outside of the portal and never registered on the active drivers list. Another type portal never emitted anything. I had counted on portals to produce traffic at clock times as specified in the Quick Portal Manager. I had my first clue that portals were unreliable when Q.P. Manager could not see any of the several portal types I had connected to the route. Sent Ticket.

There is TimeTable and Schedule code in the program. I had a window open-up with TIMETABLE as its title after my first start. Clicking it brought up a SCHEDULE window. Great, a real railroad may be possible. However, could not click beyond that. Now I can't locate them.

I might have to revert to the previous version to have a semblance of a schedule via Quick Portal Mgr.. Submitted TICKET

Last edited:
I had an interesting problem. Using the basic portal ( just track) I could not get it to operate properly. I tried changing to portal( tunnel) and everything ran fine.

Back