New Microsoft Flight Sim

It's not Trainz, and you can't drive a train, nor build terrain, so I aint' interested.
I have MSTS train simulator and never got it running, as well as SpaceX, and several flight simulators, never got interested in getting them running.

Top 12 Simulators: 1 - 12, (12 being absolutely the most boring)
1) Train Simulators::) (That's about as interesting as simulators can get) !
2) Racing Car Simulators
3) Trucking Simulators
4) Flight Simulators
5) Saturn V Rocket Simulator
6) Ship Simulator: (oh it must just be just soooooo extremely interesting)
7) NYC EMT Simulator
8) NYC Trash Truck Simulator
9) Coal Mine Simulator
10) Rollercoaster Tycoon
11) Sid Myers Railroad Tycoon
12) The Sim's: OMG

What ever happened to the MSTS2 - Aces Team ? (that was a massive disappointment, project discontinued, and mothballed)

Last edited:
Granted you can't drive trainz in a flight simulator, but I am curious what N3V could do with a cloud-based 2 petabytes of global data! You might be able to get your UTMs or DEMs direct from N3V anywhere on the globe, and fill them in with prototypical buildings, vegetation, and scenery. Anyway, something to think about....

It's not Trainz, and you can't drive a train, nor build terrain, so I aint' interested.
I have MSTS train simulator and never got it running, as well as SpaceX, and several flight simulators, never got interested in getting them running.

Top 12 Simulators: 1 - 12, (12 being absolutely the most boring)
1) Train Simulators::) (That's about as interesting as simulators can get) !
2) Racing Car Simulators
3) Trucking Simulators
4) Flight Simulators
5) Saturn V Rocket Simulator
6) Ship Simulator: (oh it must just be just soooooo extremely interesting)
7) NYC EMT Simulator
8) NYC Trash Truck Simulator
9) Coal Mine Simulator
10) Rollercoaster Tycoon
11) Sid Myers Railroad Tycoon
12) The Sim's: OMG

What ever happened to the MSTS2 - Aces Team ? (that was a massive disappointment, project discontinued, and mothballed)

You forgot Goat Simulator (Yes it actually exists)

LOL! I think I installed and started it and never went back. I guess I was not meant to be a farmer!

Seeing the story I can say that MSFS did help me when I learned to fly by in the late 90's. Funny thing is my flight instructor kept yelling at me to look out the windows instead of watching the gauges. At least when I had to fly with "the hood" I could right the plane from any position he put it into :hehe: ;).

Interesting Thai1On. It should be a little bit like driving, keep an eye out for what is going on around you, certainly on the red and white during approach, but you do need to keep a pretty close eye on those gauges, because you could be drifting any direction in three dimensions. It's a balance like anything else. Sounds like your instrument rating came fairly easily! I remember flying with a friend who had his head down looking at a map, and the plane began to drift to the right. I assumed he was making a correction, but he looked up and said, "Let me know when I do that"! :eek:

This new version of Microsoft Flight Simulator looks like it will be utterly awesome in terms of scope and delivery - setting new standards for computer flight simulations.
Check out this review by a sceptical YouTuber (Froogle) on how he was converted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8h6yibHHc

Video has a lot of actual footage from hands-on access to the pre-Alpha version provided by Microsoft to a lucky few reviewers.

Some additional, amazing 'factoids' about this sim...

It runs DirectX 11,
Looks like it supports ray tracing, but doesn't require ray-tracing hardware,
Draw distance is up to 600 kilometres!
Azure-based dataset using Bing satellite data
Trillions of 3D trees simulated around the planet
(More information at this official site: https://www.flightsimulator.com/ )
You can even apply to become a Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Insider (via Xbox Insider...) on Windows 10!
https://www.flightsimulator.com/insider-program-sign-up/

Last edited:
It is a shame that you cannot drive a train in Microsoft flight simulator, as there was a video on YouTube called "Train vs Aircraft", and it showed both a jet airplane, and a TGV train, on their way across France.

Last edited:
And why not! Most of the big battle games you can jump from jeeps to helicopters to planes and back again, but then the world is fairly limited to thebattlefield. Still, it would be doable under some scenario or other... :)

Construction simulator, car and train mechanic simulators, PC building simulator. I thought I would add to what is missing.

Having 3 flight simulators, I just can not find the time, to board an airplane, and watch the gauges, and takeoff and land. It just seems so bloody, long and drawn out, boring to fly a plane. As would a flying a space ship or piloting an ocean going ship simulator, they are just so bloody boring, taking days on end to even get anywhere.

I don't see my interest in MSTS, DTG, Run8, or any other train simulators, as they just don't have what Trainz does have. Being most complicated in which to build a route with. And the constant payware expenditure is outlandishly, expensive.

As far as all the "shoot em' up" target practice games, I just find them all to gory, with completely dementedly hideous themes.

As far as race car simulators, I just find it so pointless, and completely boring, to drive a mindless race track, making never ending left hand turns, and twisting turning slaloms, crashing at high speeds, just gets me so worked up and tense.

Trucking simulators sound just such a long drawn out, so absolutely boring of a mundane everyday, wasteful means of transportation task, and I absolutely loathe driving on the roadways.

Trainz, Model Railroads, and Railroads, are just so extremely interesting, more down to earth, and Trainz is such a "safe and sane" video game, and has a build-able terrain surveyor, and that along with TransDEM, Trainz is the one and only video game simulator for me.

Last edited:
Like an earlier comment just after this was intimated I passingly groan about a flight sim on a rail sim activity. Nearly as bad as forcing a fan like me of my great city Glasgow forced to live in Edinburgh.........

Back