AJS Invisible station - Not Adjustable

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
Not sure if this is the best place to post, but...

Anyway, I'm using these in TANE on a route I'm creating, but I keep having the same problem. The length is always at 100 metres long and no matter what length I set, which stays in settings, it always shows passengers standing in the air out to 100 metres! Is this a known issue, and better yet, is there a cure? I know Australians are light on there feet but I'm not sure anyone else would believe it! :hehe:

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but...

Anyway, I'm using these in TANE on a route I'm creating, but I keep having the same problem. The length is always at 100 metres long and no matter what length I set, which stays in settings, it always shows passengers standing in the air out to 100 metres! Is this a known issue, and better yet, is there a cure? I know Australians are light on there feet but I'm not sure anyone else would believe it! :hehe:

Of course the asset itself is only 100 metres long and because it is NOT a spline, it won't stretch to the limit of 500 metres. The passengers are limited to 70 in number and they stay inside the 100m as this image shows.
screen-Invisible-stn.jpg

If platforms are longer than 100m I usually add a few standing or sitting 'humans' in the extended area.

I also agree, ... Aussies are light on their feet and can handle the Kiwi's in both league and union. (For those who don't know - it's footy)

Cheers,
Roy

I just tested the AJS Invisible Station (<kuid2:122285:3401:20> AJS Invisible Station 1T 3.5) in TANE and it is working as expected.

• The platform length (I believe - others will correct me if this is wrong) refers to the length as seen by trains. Shorter length platforms will force the consist to stop closer to the middle.
  • The passengers "standing in the air" is controlled by the Station Option -> Passenger Height setting. The default height of 1.3 metres suits most visible platforms that are usually placed over the invisible platform. In any case you can adjust the height so that their feet are on the platform surface.

Apparently I didn't explain myself well. I am not asking for a length greater than 100 metres, nor am I saying I can't adjust the height of passengers, because I can. I am saying the length is STUCK at 100 metres, and although set to 35 or 25 metres LENGTH, it shows passengers out at 100 metres where there is NO platform, therefore they are floating in air and it looks stupid.

Apparently I didn't explain myself well. I am not asking for a length greater than 100 metres, nor am I saying I can't adjust the height of passengers, because I can. I am saying the length is STUCK at 100 metres, and although set to 35 or 25 metres LENGTH, it shows passengers out at 100 metres where there is NO platform, therefore they are floating in air and it looks stupid.

I have noticed this also, with AJS Station 1x50s. I use it a lot, and I usually set the length to 25-30 metres. If I keep the 'Initial Count' and 'Departure Rate' low (as in <5, typical for where I am modelling), then the passengers seem to congregate around the centre of the platform. No problems. But it seems the greater the number of passengers, the more likely it is that they will feel the need to float off to the side (perhaps to maintain their personal space?).

Back