Delaware Lackawanna Pocono Main

k6NSjgI.png

NS 11Z is seen heading south passing under Davis Street just south of Taylor Yard

I live in Dunmore, and i just heard about this. I CANT WAIT. will be my new go to route! the progress shots are fantastic. Keep up the great work, i'll be a happy camper once this is completed!

Hello everyone, just here to let you know I'm still alive as is this project. As with many things in my life they seem to come in phases and then I get burned out on them, well this project is no different. I just absolutely burned myself out on trainz in general not just this project, but fear not the itch to work on this again is growing exponentially everyday so look for updates sooner rather than later. Thank you all for your interest in my projects, I appreciate all the great feedback.

P.S

If any asset makers read this and are willing to help out with making some builds and what not for the project, please message me. I do not know how to 3D model nor do i have the time to try to learn it. Thanks in advance!

Have a great day everyone!
Tim

As promised a little while ago, work has continued on this route. Here's a shot of some grain cars for Ardent Mills being stored on the Cobbs Siding.

4ZTMkay.jpg

Hello everyone, just here to let you know I'm still alive as is this project. As with many things in my life they seem to come in phases and then I get burned out on them, well this project is no different. I just absolutely burned myself out on trainz in general not just this project, but fear not the itch to work on this again is growing exponentially everyday so look for updates sooner rather than later. Thank you all for your interest in my projects, I appreciate all the great feedback.

Have a great day everyone!
Tim

It would be safe to say, a good portion here work so hard to point of frustration, tiredness, etc, that sometimes, you just need to take a well earned break, or sometimes known as the pause that refreshes.......;)

Your Route looks so interesting.....Keep up the good work Sir. :cool:

It would be safe to say, a good portion here work so hard to point of frustration, tiredness, etc, that sometimes, you just need to take a well earned break, or sometimes known as the pause that refreshes.......;)

Your Route looks so interesting.....Keep up the good work Sir. :cool:

Truer words may have never been spoken. Im sure I'll get to that point again down the road but I have every intention of finishing this route at some point for all to enjoy.

In an alternate universe the year is 1997 and the Conrail line from Allentown to Portland is still out of services due to the flooding at the end of 1996. However the coal still needs to move to the power plant in Portland to keep the lights on, so here is a detoured Conrail coal train heading up the Roaring Brook as the morning fog starts to burn off just east of Winton on the Delaware Lackawanna Pocono Main.

fetGfal.jpg

DL SPG-08 is seen climbing the hill through Cobbs Cut just east of MP126 with a pair of NS C44-9W's as run through power heading to the mill in Mt. Pocono.

v1phAlD.jpg

The Pocono Main has claimed another victim as we see a NS C40-9 sitting on the east end of Cobbs Siding after burning up a traction motor and getting a locked axle.

CJN8HCk.png

Here we see a couple of the locals hanging out in Dunmore in hopes of seeing the train.
6OPQ5RG.png

The next two shots are looking down the hill to the tracks from D's U Pull It in Dunmore.
UaJNGcD.png

M3YD3LE.png

Ash Street in Scranton and the background of Dunmore starting to come together. Trying to make residential areas on the side of a mountain has proved to be very challenging but I'm pretty happy with the outcome of this area. Feel free to add feedback and/or tips and tricks you might have for doing this because I have a bunch more hill towns to do.

Qa4bo54.jpg

Hey everyone, just dropping in to let you know I've taken a small break this past week or so due to a death in my family. I hope to get back at it with some shots of progress very soon, I appreciate those of you who follow my progress and I don't wanna leave you hanging.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Dej. Please take all the time you need to be with your loved ones, and thank you for letting us know your situation!

Back