Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus Update 3 Beta 103443 (PC)

What I have seen so far, when editing in Surveyor and saving, then when you exit Surveyor I get a CTD. This was on my personal route, and I will investigate further in other routes I can edit to see if this prevails.

I have been trying to remove some of the packages from the DLC. One issue so far I have encountered.

On the "Additional TANE Assets for TR19" file the status was "Update" So I tried to update. The download and install took several minutes. When it finished I had an error message that read "One or more packages were at an unexpected Build Version"

This content store downloader has a lot of potential. I think I have found a downside to it - maybe.

When I delete one of the routes/sessions it also I think deletes some of the payware assets. I say this because I deleted several of the DLS content and I find that several of my routes/sessions now faulty because several of the assets are payware not active. I guess what happened is that I used some of the assets from several of the DLC routes in mine, but once I delete these the effects ripple through my routes.

Is this actually what happens? Because once I restored the DLS routes my routes/sessions were all OK again and showed no faults.

I have the CNW GE C40-8. I it got cause of having a Gold Membership. It saids in content Manager that it is Not Installed payware however on the trainz content store is saids that it is install. I have uninstalled it and reinstall using the Trainz Content Store

After I uninstalled a few things, I exited out of the launcher, and I get a message saying "Trainz is installing content and will shut down when finished. This may take a few minutes..." It's been at least 5 minutes, and the message is still up! Doesn't seem to be doing anything...
    0njugh09gy76tr6v65c5cr5dxc68rx7s5x4sop9jbnh89u7gvg 67f

Thanks for the reports everyone. We'll investigate and provide an update asap.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Here is another for you Tony and this one is getting under my skin a little bit.

EMD Wide Cab ph1 wipers Kuid2:45324:85400:3 It says Installed Payware (not active) Now I have 8 engines that can't use cause they come up missing dependencies. All the engines are ones that I brought from Jointed Rail site and not ones that i got from being a gold member I have tried to delete the engines and reinstall and I still get the same thing. Just take the payware label off of the kuid and i can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Bert View Post
    When I delete one of the routes/sessions it also I think deletes some of the payware assets.
    You aren't just deleting routes/sessions. You're deleting entire payware packages, which may include routes, sessions, trains, or other assets. So yes, if you've got other routes which depend on those assets/packages being present, you'll end up with missing dependencies if you uninstall them.

If the assets in question are originally sourced from the DLS, you can use Content Manager to download them from the DLS (right click on one of your problem routes/sessions and select 'Download' to grab any available DLS dependencies). But if the assets are ONLY available as payware then you'll have to keep the payware package installed.

chris

United States of America, Wisconsin, Wisc Rapids
    Blog Entries

I like the idea of the content store, and know this is a first step, but I'm getting errors after they're installed, and getting updates when content doesn't have any updates..

Some of the errors:

Cheers
    Last edited by hiawathamr; October 3rd, 2019 at 07:00 PM.

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Update:

1. The "Additional Assets" and Coal Country package errors is a fault at our end (so the Errors reported are accurate). If you get this on any other assets please advise.

2. Failed to uninstall items fully - one issue identified, task raised to be resolved. Investigating further.

3. Content Store Downloader shows "Install" button for already installed:
    >>
    Could you please provide the KUIDs for the routes you have installed. HPL - also confirm if you have 45373x folders installed or sc373x
    folders installed in your /packages folder.

4. ...
    and doesn't recognize DLCs bought directly from creator showing a purchase button for them
    >>
    Correct behaviour. Our system has no knowledge of 3rd party purchases (and would probably be a privacy issue if we did). The only way around this is for the user to know what they've purchased elsewhere.

5. System "Not responding" - now fixed internally. Meanwhile, please avoid uninstalling multiple items at once (as it heavily overloads the system and appears to hang).

Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; October 4th, 2019 at 01:04 AM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    3. Content Store Downloader shows "Install" button for already installed:
    >>
    Could you please provide the KUIDs for the routes you have installed. HPL - also confirm if you have 45373x folders installed or sc373x
    folders installed in your /packages folder.
    Back to previous build for now, I'll update again when HUD issue is fixed.

United States of America, California, Del Mar

Has anyone noticed assets streaming in a lot slower in this build? It takes the Asset Preview window at least a minute to show anything for me. Watching the Trainz Logs it seems to keep creating a stack dump.
    Creator of TRS19 QR PB15, TRS19 Class 37 Cab, TRS19 Class 47 Cab
    Admin of: https://www.sodorworkshops.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GDennish View Post
    Has anyone noticed assets streaming in a lot slower in this build? It takes the Asset Preview window at least a minute to show anything for me. Watching the Trainz Logs it seems to keep creating a stack dump.
    Ah it's not just me then, confirmed.
    Malc

United States of America, California, Del Mar

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Ah it's not just me then, confirmed.
    My guess would be that it's constantly creating stack dumps. It only shows this slow down on my end when the logs say that is occurring. Though I'm probably wrong!
    Creator of TRS19 QR PB15, TRS19 Class 37 Cab, TRS19 Class 47 Cab
    Admin of: https://www.sodorworkshops.com/

Kingston Upon Hull, Yorkshire, United Kingdom.

I keep getting the "bug error report" when downloading a route. Don't know how to take screen shot to show report. Also cant run routes. When I select "scenarios" it reports "No matches".

Regards Dave