Trainz Plus Update 3 Beta 103443 (PC)

I had posted my problem with TRS19+ earlier, but now I cannot find it to edit. So here it is again. After opening a route that I had build in an earlier version, and after making some changes, I save the route and then I exit out of surveyor. Trainz completely shuts down and leaves the route open for edit. When restarting TRS19 it has to do a re-build of the database. Then I have to make sure that nothing is open for edit before I can work on a route.

Just so you understand a bit more. Trainz is not shutting down completely. Hence the database rebuild and the route and session still being Open for Edit. If you leave a content manager window open showing routes and sessions, you will see the status of your route and session change to Open to Edit while you are working on them in Surveyor or Driver. Makes sense really as you can make changes in both modules now. When you exit the game, you should see the status change back to Modified.

William

If a session has no image named "thumbnail.jpg", then first save is "Faulty" because it creates this in "Thumbnail" section:

{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}

Just so you understand a bit more. Trainz is not shutting down completely. Hence the database rebuild and the route and session still being Open for Edit. If you leave a content manager window open showing routes and sessions, you will see the status of your route and session change to Open to Edit while you are working on them in Surveyor or Driver. Makes sense really as you can make changes in both modules now. When you exit the game, you should see the status change back to Modified.

William

Thanks for this, but I do understand the concept of "open for edit". In my case though, after editing a session and then saving the session, I exit surveyor. Instead of the program returning to the screen where you can choose routes, sessions, etc. the program closes completely. Even the Launch window is closed. This leaves the route and session "open for edit" which causes the database to be rebuild each time I start Trainz.

Thanks for that. I was able to upload to Google Drive. Now comes the big job of figuring out which assets are causing this problem. I wish there was a way to go "back" one version. The previous version caused me no problems at all!!

Going back would mean we wouldn't be able to identify the problem (which means you'd have to stay at that version forever).

QA will send you some further information to identify the culprit.

Yes, I realize that and I am ok with trying to figure out the problem. The particular route in question was created as soon as I got TRS19, and at the same time I got an upgrade on my graphics card. So I tried to push the program to the limits as much as I could. And after all the hours I put in to it, it was a bit frustrating to encounter the problem.

By the way, what does it mean when CM reports "Installed, Payware (not active)"?

Last edited:
All signals look like this until the camera is approx. 10m close to them on the Belarusian woodland route:

w7099.jpg

Back