The trainz 2019 Weaken shaking amplitude

I play hightspeed EMU the train Speed more than 120 kph in the Perfect track Shaking too much,plz Weaken the amplitude of the sway。
uw9l8I
uw912t
Is it possible to disable this feature in the line, or to set the effect down?

Greetings WK, after my debate with Zec in this thread, I looked into the matter some more and discovered a thread in the Content Creation section of this forum that was helpful.

It has some example "tags" that can be added to each individual locomotive or wagon (to the config.txt file for that asset) to reduce the amplitude of the swaying.

I copy them here for you:

suspension-damping 0.9057305
suspension-stiffness 0.964551
suspension-pitch-limit 0.024
suspension-roll-limit 0.028

These numbers will apparantly reduce the swaying to almost zero. You can change the numbers to refine the results to your preference.

I have not tried this myself yet. But I hope it will work.

Minimum version required for those tags is 3.8

Which then introduces the "Upgrade to an lm" file error.

Which you can't do if you are aliasing an older asset.

#$^&*!(*&^@#%$&!!!

Minimum version required for those tags is 3.8

Which then introduces the "Upgrade to an lm" file error.

Which you can't do if you are aliasing an older asset.

#$^&*!(*&^@#%$&!!!

Indeed. Thats why I have set those settings beforehand in an older Trainz version and then import it. However I can certainly understand that most uses have one version of Trainz installed instead of 4 (like I do).

But when you try to edit you get indeed those mentioned errors.

These Train Sway problems Should have been implemented with a 100% smooth setting with a choice to downgrade sections of tracks instead of 50%. Trainz is a Train Simulator simulating Globally. But Globally most tracks I think are better than what the condition in Trainz is now.

And for Japan. All Trainz have to be edited (which I luckily have done and backed up) But it still means that when I distribute my routes that the average user is walking into the problems of Track Sway. So by having this condition at 50% the average user still has to do an enormous amount of editing work in Content Manager to make it look right. Which isn't ideal.

Here an Example of the Japanese Shinkansen 500 type. Skip to about 5:31 and see how smooth it is.

The section in this video of Track from Shin Osaka to Shin Kobe has around a 230 km/h 270 km/h track speed limit. It is Extremely smooth as you see. Also TGV operations and ICE operations are extremely smooth. In Europe bad track conditions only exist on very rural sections out of the main network.

Oh? What version lets you get away with it?

I remember setting suspension settings as early as in TANE SP2. As earlier versions I remember didn't have this problem. I have an TANE SP2 and SP3 version on my computer. The SP2 version is especially for making those settings.

Edited to add: and TS12 aso yes.

However A normal user (not a content creator type) usually does have only one version of Trainz installed so actually I also strongly ask to include a global track condition setting. Or to set track conditions quicker.

Last edited:
Back