TRS19 Service Pack 1 - Initial Beta Test (PC)

What arrows and where as you are not making it very clear, maybe a screenshot of before and after?

Note: This is a Beta and not a retail release yet so expect problems.

Install went fine and I had no issues untill today when I was working on a route I am building, I found that the fire effects I have used no longer works. The kuid is 101031:60042 and 101031:60043. These worked fine in build 100240 but not in this build. Any Idea what happen ? Everything else is working fine for me and I am happy with the updates. Also none of the black smoke effects or ground fire effects work.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report on <kuid:101031:60042> Fire Effect.
It's working fine here although when placed no pfx are shown until you unpause Surveyor.
Confirm that the game isn't paused, and also check in Developer > Logs to see if anything is logged for you.
Also try Create new route, place the effect object, unpause and confirm if you see smoke.
Then if you can get it to stop, provide more information on the steps required.

Good day

The map creation menu is missing arrows. You can delete an object with a cross. The terrain can be deleted with the back arrow.
Without arrows you cannot create the terrain of the map. How do I replace those arrows?

thank you for answer
Ivo Mašek

TRS19 / build 103369
[SUB][/SUB]

I assume you mean the Undo/Redo Arrrows? These are now found in the Edit Menu. You can also use Ctrl-Z and Ctrl Y to Undo/Redo.

In surveyor you used to be able to press Alt+U to hide junctions etc so they did not show up in a screenshot.

What key are they now or what is it under in the control settings?

Thanks

David

In surveyor you used to be able to press Alt+U to hide junctions etc so they did not show up in a screenshot.

What key are they now or what is it under in the control settings?

Thanks

David

You can hide the Surveyor UI with Ctrl-Space

You can hide the Surveyor UI with Ctrl-Space

Hi Tony,

I tried that and it hides the UI but not the splines or junctions:

Ctrl-space.png

Hi Tony,

I tried that and it hides the UI but not the splines or junctions:

{pic removed from quote}

That may not be a bug. In Surveyor, the junctions and spline points aren't hidden as they are in Driver.

Try that in Driver and see what happens. (That key combo may not work there, but you can hide the interface using F5 (I think).

That may not be a bug. In Surveyor, the junctions and spline points aren't hidden as they are in Driver.

Try that in Driver and see what happens. (That key combo may not work there, but you can hide the interface using F5 (I think).

I used to take a lot of screenshots in Surveyor using Alt-U and I can guarantee it hid the junctions and splines. Ctrl-Space just hides the interface. In Driver the screenshot function works fine.

the reason for taking screenshots in Surveyor is the easy ability to change the time in the environment settings to get a perfect screenshot.

Not sure why the key bindings would need to change for as they were perfect as they were prior to the update

Whenever I try to update to the beta, I get a message that says "Patch not viable. Details: Filepath already occupied: C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\DebugHelper.exe". This is only happening on a second machine that I'm installing Trainz on. On my first machine everything worked out fine.

-A

I used to take a lot of screenshots in Surveyor using Alt-U and I can guarantee it hid the junctions and splines. Ctrl-Space just hides the interface. In Driver the screenshot function works fine.

the reason for taking screenshots in Surveyor is the easy ability to change the time in the environment settings to get a perfect screenshot.

Not sure why the key bindings would need to change for as they were perfect as they were prior to the update

If it worked before, then report it. I don't recall if that hid the spline points or not and need to check my pics.

EDIT: I just checked my screenshots and all of those done in Surveyor have spline points and switch lever arrows showing. In one image, I also have the compass cursor appearing.

Could this be a setting somewhere?

Last edited:
Did I miss a post about loco lights not automatically turning on when driving or with AI trains?
Other than that nothing bad(different) to report so far.
The new changes as far as settings and controls seemed pretty easy to find and figure out so far.
Dean

Last edited:
You can hide the spline points by selecting "Limit contextual information" in Interface Settings, and ensuring you're not in spline mode when hiding the UI.
You can hide the compass in the 3D view in the same Interface Settings menu.

Did I miss a post about loco lights not automatically turning on when driving or with AI trains?

Working fine here (tested using "Drive" and a CN C40-8 #2103)

Thank you John. With my other post above about headlights not coming on, I've noticed even when manually turning them on and when switching to tracking camera mode they appear off? Did I miss something else?
Dean

Central Portal Control will not save portals? Just get error where portal names should be.

I reported this problem over a month ago. I asked the help desk about this issue. My point was that the Central Portal Control indicated that it was "built-In" and I thought built-In assests would work accross all versions. Apparently not.This is the response I got.

"The rule itself appears to work correctly in the sessions included in this (TANE) DLC pack, but does not appear to function correctly with the script environment in TRS19 when used in a new session. In this case, it will be up to the creator of this asset to update their asset to resolve this script, as we cannot guarantee that every 3rd party created asset or rule will continue to operate, in particular with TRS19 where a large number of script changes have been made to improve performance, which were announced quite some time before the release of TRS19 to allow creators to begin updating their scripts."

I will miss this feature since I used it for many years in many of my routes.

Back