TRS19 Service Pack 1 - Initial Beta Test (PC)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
IMPORTANT NOTE. THIS IS A BETA VERSION UPDATE. We recommend making a backup of your existing TRS19 install and content folders prior to installing this update.

We have released an "Assertions Enabled" patch today from build 100240 to 103369 for all TRS19 users (i.e. non-Trainz Plus users). Patch is 2.7GB.

This patch can be installed by changing to the "TRS19 Beta" patch stream, then checking for updates.

Assertions are messages aimed at our developers and do not necessarily mean an "error" that will affect a user in any noticeable way.

Note that this build is the same build number as the latest Trainz Plus release and therefore includes all the bug fixes and optimisations in the Trainz Plus version.

If you DO have an active Trainz Plus or Gold Class subscription, you will see the Trainz Plus features.

If you DO NOT have an active Trainz Plus or Gold Class subscription, the Trainz Plus features will not be available.

You can find out more about the Service Pack 1 update here. (page currently under construction).

Known Issues:
  • Score/game clock not displaying
  • Brescia - Pisogne - player cannot gain control of train
  • Screen capture menu option not working in Driver (hotkey works)

We expect that this build will be stable and free from critical bugs. As always, we're sure that users will find issues not found by other users or specific to their configuration and appreciate your feedback through the forums and the official Bug Report Form here.

If you see an Assertion Message, then we recommend you take a screenshot and complete a bug report, then click Continue. If multiple messages appear, then click Continue and Ignore.

Once again we'd like to thank all our beta testers for your ongoing support. Your feedback and detailed bug reports have helped ensure that Trainz is more stable and polished than ever before (and improving all the time).

Last edited:
Heh! This one caught me off-guard - Takes so much longer to do a full back-up these days, I'm finding.
Looking forward to testing this beta version.
BRB.

Edit Update: Download swift at 29.1 MB/s and initial database repair 132 seconds.
All my preferences and settings retained. Very slow loading due to pre-caching, but looks great.
Unfortunately the long-awaited 'fix' for the CTDs relating to sound when consists exceeding 100 km/h are viewed has not worked for me.
(Was that included in this beta-version?)
Work-around of reducing in-game sound to zero still works.

Cool to be back beta-testing this excellent rail-sim again. :)

Last edited:
I need to setup a fresh TRS19 install myself for testing and it's now after 1:00 am here. I'll catch this one tomorrow.

John - Trainz Plus users already have this build, and can't test it as a "non-Trainz Plus" member since their membership unlocks/displays the additional Trainz Plus features.

Good day

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]The map creation menu is missing arrows. [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]You can delete an object with a cross. The terrain can be deleted with the back arrow.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Without arrows you cannot create the terrain of the map. [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]How do I replace those arrows?

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]thank you for answer
Ivo Mašek

TRS19 / build 103369[/FONT][SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Tony, 103369 loads slower than any prior build.
Oh, it has totally crashed my PC twice trying to load the UMR route.

Ok,Ok,I get it.....Complain to Tony and LOOK, all is right!!
UMR loaded in a reasonable amount of time and I also loaded Dave Snows "The Cotton Belt Route" and it loaded fine and I also went in and out of surveyor without a problem!!
(Tony, I swear I did nothing different this time!)

Dave

Last edited:
John - Trainz Plus users already have this build, and can't test it as a "non-Trainz Plus" member since their membership unlocks/displays the additional Trainz Plus features.

Okay. That makes things a bit easier for me.

Thank you for the clarification as that would have been a bit confusing as I went in circles trying to figure things out.

Tony, 103369 loads slower than any prior build.
Oh, it has totally crashed my PC twice trying to load the UMR route.

Ok,Ok,I get it.....Complain to Tony and LOOK, all is right!!
UMR loaded in a reasonable amount of time and I also loaded Dave Snows "The Cotton Belt Route" and it loaded fine and I also went in and out of surveyor without a problem!!
(Tony, I swear I did nothing different this time!)

Dave

Hi Dave. I wish I had that power :)

Loading routes the first time requires a "pre-caching" stage that optimises the content. Subsequent loads should be much faster. The crash could have been related to precaching a specific asset.

For those looking for information on what has changed, please go to our Service Pack 1 wiki page here. You will also find a link to the Surveyor Menu Bar changes here.

- installed sp1 (beta) in clean TRS19 (discversion) 100240 by changing update stream in settings/install ...
- time 8 minutes
- restarting game: automatic database rebuild ... 52 secs
- menu: 1st time it builds up its screen slowly .. later it builds up faster, but (a lot) slower than by precaching ...
- started session of kickstarter county (trees for life) : build up smoothly (= detail after detail) and train driving was ok ... unloading ok ... driving backwards : the empty logcars were derailing at the junction, the other cars not...
- started session in franklin avenue (shunting at the yard) : build up smoothly and hitch-hiked with ai-train ... ok
- started session in sebino lake (rovato freight transport) : build up smoothly and started driving ... after zooming out and trying zooming in : crash to desktop ... no trainz window was open ...
- restarted trs19 : started smoothly ...
- started same session in sebino lake : build up smoothly and started driving ... i didn't zooming in or out ... but hoovering round train ... all ok ... exited driver ...
- started editing route in sebino lake : crashed to desktop before it was loaded ...
- restart game : automatic database rebuild : 60 secs ... menu build up smoothly ...
- restart editing route sebino lake ... opened smoothly ... did some discovery but no editing (clone route ..) ... exited surveyor = crash to desktop ... no trainz windows were open ...
- restarted trs19 : automatic database repair ... 59 secs ... menu build up smoothly ...
- started editing route port zyd & fulazturn : still same issue with disturbing water and ground ... exit surveyor .. ok
- started editing route season town : still same collapsed bridge at cementplant ...
- editing menu : got used to it, but i like it .. undo & redo arrows one step more via edit menu ...
- started session in kickstarter county (prr) ... went out for a ride, trying to competiting collegue ... went ok ...
- ended short discovery of this upgrade ...

grtz
daveric

Zoom does not work in SP1 in the second and fourth cameras.
ctrl + mouse wheel forward - does not work!

How to fix?

Zoom does not work in SP1 in the second and fourth cameras.
ctrl + mouse wheel forward - does not work!
How to fix?

It's working fine here. Are there any other steps required other than selecting Chase or Roaming camera when in Driver?
Do the arrow keys work?
Are you on PC or Mac?

crash to desktop exiting Sebino

Issue now fixed (internally) - thanks for the report.

Last edited:
It's working fine here. Are there any other steps required other than selecting Chase or Roaming camera when in Driver?
Do the arrow keys work?
Are you on PC or Mac?

Issue now fixed (internally) - thanks for the report.[/COLOR]

Same thing happening to me, unable to zoom in using Ctrl-mouse wheel forward.

Good news is however I can finally use the HUD!

unable to zoom in using Ctrl-mouse wheel forward.

Go to System Menu > Settings > Control Settings, scroll down about 2/3rds to Camera Controls and bind Ctrl to "Field of View Modifier".

Good day

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Nobody solves the problem with non-existent arrows.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]TRS19 is a paid product. [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Paid product not working. [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]You have my money, I have a broken product for money.
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]I deleted TRS19.
... [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]A good way to get rid of people who were willing to spend their money.
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Goodbye[/FONT][SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT]

Back