TRS19 Service Pack 1 - Initial Beta Test (PC)

Track signals not functioning in Surveyor mode; when you place a loco on the track facing a signal the signal remains red.

John

Track signals not functioning in Surveyor mode; when you place a loco on the track facing a signal the signal remains red.

I believe they work fine, you'll need to unpause the game before the state of the signals changes though. Yes, you can unpause in Surveyor if you want to.

chris

Paul_Bert I agree with you since it's built-in. And Central Portal Control worked fine with TRS2019 until now? I could bring in a session from TANE SP1 using it without a problem?
Dean

As a user of the plain vanilla TRS19 (no Plus/Gold/Silver) I have run some tests to check backwards and forwards compatibility.

Route constructed in TRS19 build 98592 exported as a .cdp was imported successfully into TRS19 build 103369.
Modifications made in build 103369, saved, exported as a .cdp. and imported successfully into build 98592.

One change I noted was the asset filter in Surveyor (opened with Ctrl-Shift-F) no longer closes with the ESC key in the new build. Ctrl-Shift-F has to be used to close it in build 103369. Is this intentional or a "glitch"?

Paul_Bert I agree with you since it's built-in. And Central Portal Control worked fine with TRS2019 until now? I could bring in a session from TANE SP1 using it without a problem?
Dean

I submitted a bug report on CPC's failure yesterday. it's used by philskene's Port Zyd route and the portal works perfectly in TRS19 "official release" 100240. But beginning in Plus the CPC portal fails. If you look at the rule for a session the portal will not have the proper name. It's name will be ERROR. Again, it works great in official release 100240 with all four Port Zyd sessions, all of which use the portal.

It looks and performs better and I won't have to look at the big steam cab shell being out of position when driving a steam powered engine, saving is easier as well, nice work.

Thank you John. With my other post above about headlights not coming on, I've noticed even when manually turning them on and when switching to tracking camera mode they appear off? Did I miss something else?
Dean

Hmm.... That's a new one on me because that worked fine previously in the Plus version. Must check that later when I get home. I'm on my way out to a favorite place - the Frederick Collection of antique pianos. :D

Built-ins from TRS19 build 98592 missing from TRS19 SP1 build 103369

I imported a route from build 98592 into build 103369 via .cdp file and CM reported a number of missing assets that are present as "built-ins" in 98592. Specifically as shown in the screen shot below from CM build 98592.

Built-In-Assets-from-TRS19-original.png

Is there any solution to this? I did try to transfer them via .cdp files, which did not work, but I seem to recall that that is not an "approved method".

EDIT: Bug report submitted

EDIT 2: FIXED. The solution was to download all the DLC packages into build 103369 that I had installed in build 98592 - it took some time due to their size and a sloooooow ADSL2+ connection.

Last edited:
I believe they work fine, you'll need to unpause the game before the state of the signals changes though. Yes, you can unpause in Surveyor if you want to.

chris

Ok how do I get out of Surveyor "pause," press "P" don't work. Thanks

John

Don't have the plus version, so what do I do now?

John

I haven't installed the beta for TRS19, but if N3V has unified the interface with the new cameras, etc., then this pause option should be located under the same place where Bulk Update replace assets, and other things is located.

I haven't installed the beta for TRS19, but if N3V has unified the interface with the new cameras, etc., then this pause option should be located under the same place where Bulk Update replace assets, and other things is located.

I got nothing! How about installing the Beta so we are talking about the same thing

John
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

JohnnyC1 - The Pause function appears in the Tools dropdown menu ONLY in Driver Mode in Service Pack 1 Build 103369.
The Plus version users see a different menu set to those of us who elected to purchase outright a licence for the game and who patched from build 100240.
The Plus variants have different camera modes and the ability to move between Driver and Surveyor modes whilst in-game, so there's a need for the Pause/ Un-Pause functionality in Surveyor too.
We don't...
Quoting from Tony's original post...
If you DO have an active Trainz Plus or Gold Class subscription, you will see the Trainz Plus features.

If you DO NOT have an active Trainz Plus or Gold Class subscription, the Trainz Plus features will not be available.

Last edited:
JohnnyC1 - The Pause function appears in the Tools dropdown menu ONLY in Driver Mode in Service Pack 1 Build 103369.
The Plus version users see a different menu set to those of us who elected to purchase a lease for the game and who patched from build 100240.
The Plus variants have different camera modes and the ability to move between Driver and Surveyor modes whilst in-game, so there's a need for the Pause/ Un-Pause functionality in Surveyor too.
We don't...

Sooooooooooooooo, that get back to my original post, why are the signals not changing indications when an locomotive is placed on the track in Surveyor? All other versions of Trainz when a locomotive was placed on a track that had a signal, the signal changed indications. The default signal would be stop. I don't have plus, I have the beta service pack. This thread is about the beta not the plus, don't tell me about the plus features! Am I making myself understood?

John

Why did N3V move Undo/Redo to a pull-down from a more convenient location on the top menu bar?:'(

Back