TRS19 Service Pack 1 - Initial Beta Test (PC)

Jankvis' DIY Billboard SpeedTree mesh makes great looking trees.

The designation "BillBoard SpeedTree" is used to differentiate the trees from regular "billboard" trees. The assets aren't "SpeedTrees" and don't use that mesh library.

The Billboard SpeedTree gives the illusion of a 3d tree unlike regular billboards.

Same texture with Jankvis' mesh, includes the ability to make variable heights with one mesh. Height can be manipulated by moving the tree.

jankvis_tane_40.jpg

The trees look great in TANE:

tane4_0083.jpg

TRS2019 "Shader Quality" on Ultra/Standard:

19beta_1.jpg

19beta_2.jpg

They always have a muted "mildewed" look.

19beta_3.jpg

If the "Shader Quality" is set to low the trees look good but the equipment looks like crap.

19beta_4.jpg

We have tried to fix the problem at our end but nothing works.

Can this problem be fixed?

Harold

Last edited:
It works in the editor, but after saving in the driver’s mode it doesn’t work. in 100240 everything worked.
<kuid2:536254:9042017:1> VTL 71-608K 1
<kuid:610762:20062019> VTL 71-608K V2.1

None of your screenshots appeared so I made some assumptions.

I just tried it and it is working for me in driver mode as well as surveyor (build 104017). The asset interface is in Cyrillic so I did not have a clue what the three data entries do but I put three different alphanumeric strings into each and they appeared correctly on the tram destination board in driver after I saved the session in Surveyor and then ran it in driver.

I placed the tram asset into a session layer and, after configuring it, I saved the session, exited Surveyor, started Driver, loaded and ran the Session. Tram destination board showed entered values.

Use CM to check that none of the assets and its dependencies are faulty.

Without having studied the assets in question, I'll answer that it's very very likely to be a problem with the assets, and not something that we can fix in code.

chris

A new improved mesh solved the problem except in TRS2019 100240.

The trees look good in 98592 but look awful in 100240.

The trees look great in the latest Beta 104261:

19beta_5.jpg

19beta_6.jpg

All settings near max.

So frustrating creating content.

Harold

Last edited:
Back