TRS19 Service Pack 1 - Initial Beta Test (PC)

Annoying as it is, ctrl z and ctrl y works and is common to most programs. Those of us on Plus have probably adapted by now and I guess we are stuck with it. Far worse is the mess Coral have made of PSP 2020's interface, it's dreadful, had to go back to 2019.

why are the signals not changing indications when an locomotive is placed on the track in Surveyor?
>>
This is due to Surveyor being paused. This also affects smoke pfx, animations (such as industries). We're working on a solution.

Any chance of fixing Superscript bogies in this patch? The fact that this is broken means lots of my locos don't appear correctly in TS19.

i have done an extended data base repair and tried to edit a session by replacing a loco .
The edit button to change driver results in it getting stuck when updating the driver list.
Strange on a session with one loco the change was no problem.
Has this problem occurred before.

i have done an extended data base repair and tried to edit a session by replacing a loco .
The edit button to change driver results in it getting stuck when updating the driver list.
Strange on a session with one loco the change was no problem.
Has this problem occurred before.

I have the same symptoms in a session with up to 20 drivers.
When activating "Driver setup", I got stuck showing this picture:

Populating.jpg

And here I will remain…..

However, I changed some parameters by unmarking 2 first in the "Driver Setup" and now it works as Before (100240) :

work-Around.jpg

I have sent a bug report to N3v.

I have the same symptoms in a session with up to 20 drivers.
When activating "Driver setup", I got stuck showing this picture:

There is a known problem that goes back to TANE when a "large" number of drivers are in the Driver Setup Rule. Basically, the problem is caused by some of the driver scripts "hanging". I do not know if this is also your problem but the workaround can be found in this thread https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?153306.

It could be worth a try.

There is a known problem that goes back to TANE when a "large" number of drivers are in the Driver Setup Rule. Basically, the problem is caused by some of the driver scripts "hanging". I do not know if this is also your problem but the workaround can be found in this thread https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?153306.

It could be worth a try.

My workaround is to only add drivers to the active consists and only add additional drivers when needed. This avoids additional drivers taking up resources as they populate all the inactive consists located through out the routes.

Last edited:
Despite saving sessions etc correctly in surveyor, whenever I try to exit surveyor the programme crashes to the desktop. Further, on most occasions when I attempt to start trainz, the programme undertakes a full data-base rebuild. I have noticed that when routes or sessions are closed using the exit surveyor or close down procedures, the Routes and Sessions remain 'Open for Edit' (which might be causing the issues above).

Regards
Bob

Despite saving sessions etc correctly in surveyor, whenever I try to exit surveyor the programme crashes to the desktop. Further, on most occasions when I attempt to start trainz, the programme undertakes a full data-base rebuild. I have noticed that when routes or sessions are closed using the exit surveyor or close down procedures, the Routes and Sessions remain 'Open for Edit' (which might be causing the issues above).

Regards
Bob

Despite saving sessions etc correctly in surveyor, whenever I try to exit surveyor the programme crashes to the desktop.
>>
Most likely a specific asset or possibly some corruption in the route. If you're able to reproduce this reliably, please submit a bug report here. We can then take a look and resolve the problem.

Further, on most occasions when I attempt to start trainz, the programme undertakes a full data-base rebuild.
>>
This is expected behaviour after a crash. Because the system didn't shut down correctly, a repair will help ensure everything is in the state it should be.

I have noticed that when routes or sessions are closed using the exit surveyor or close down procedures, the Routes and Sessions remain 'Open for Edit' (which might be causing the issues above).
>>
No. Open for edit means "not saved". When you re-open them after a crash you're asked to Revert or Use Changes. Since there was a crash, it's best to revert which ensures the last Save version is used not the possibly corrupted crash version.

Regards
Bob

The routes/sessions remaining open is normal if there's a crash. This is a "safety" thing so that the data isn't corrupted in the crash. If you go in and start up the same route or session edit again, you'll get a prompt to revert or do the normal thing (I can't remember the exact words). The database repair will be a normal process in this case because the database is flagged as "dirty" in the database code. A dirty database is one that didn't close down properly, therefore, it has questionable integrity. This is a safety feature, so to speak, and is also implemented by the big guys such as Oracle and Microsoft. When the databases crash, they do a self-check to ensure the data is still good, and this is what're really going on with the DBR.

What's causing the crash? It could be anything from program code, or perhaps even a bad asset somewhere with some corrupted data. You may need to do some troubleshooting to find out what it is. Is it a recently downloaded asset? Something you placed recently? etc. There are ways to find out such as disabling assets, opening, and testing to see if the crash occurs again.

Thanks John and Tony. Unfortunately, the issues have only started since I downloaded the Beta. I haven't added any assets, as I am only attempting to create a new session for Fall Harvest Nebraska. For Tony, I have now successfully submitted a bug report. I attempted to submit one a number of times in the past week, but have encountered errors attempting to do so. I have been working with Zec on that issue.

Regards
Bob

Is it possible to get an answer on this? I'd like to know if it will ever get sorted so I can decide on the best strategy for updating effected assets.

Any chance of fixing Superscript bogies in this patch? The fact that this is broken means lots of my locos don't appear correctly in TS19.

Whenever I try to update to the beta, I get a message that says "Patch not viable. Details: Filepath already occupied: C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\DebugHelper.exe". This...

Please contact helpdesk and include your current build number, and a screenshot of your Trainz Plus install folder (i.e. the folder where the TRS19.exe file resides)

Is it possible to get an answer on this? I'd like to know if it will ever get sorted so I can decide on the best strategy for updating effected assets.

If it isn't fixed in the next update, please raise a bug report here including ideally a small test route/session, details of when the problem first appeared, (or more importantly the last known good build)

What do you mean by "Container Name"? Which "Container"? What do you see happening? What do you expect to happen?

Please supply some examples, specifically give some kuids.

A lot more information than "<something> does not work. Please fix it" is needed.

It works in the editor, but after saving in the driver’s mode it doesn’t work. in 100240 everything worked.
<kuid2:536254:9042017:1> VTL 71-608K 1
<kuid:610762:20062019> VTL 71-608K V2.1

I write down the name of the plate, it works in the editor, but after saving it does not work in the driver's mode and it does not work.

EDITOR

DRIVER MODE

build 100 240 works this and below Trainz 12, TANE work.
build 104017 does not work this

Last edited:
Back