Freeware Suggestions

d_reage

Hi everyone, I’m a long time simmer on other platforms, but new to modern versions of Trainz. I’m looking for suggestions on what’s some of the best freeware available for TRS2019 right now. I’m looking for North American diesel mostly, bonus for Canadian content.

I find the DLS a bit overwhelming and not the easiest to find stuff in so I’m hoping members of the forum can point me toward some “must have” freeware that really shows what the sim can do.

If there a best in class payware addon I’d be interested in hearing about that too.

Thanks for any help!

Dave

I’m looking for suggestions on what’s some of the best freeware available for TRS2019 right now. I’m looking for North American diesel mostly, bonus for Canadian content.
You should indicate what you mean by 'best': most prototypical, highest detail, good performance, most functional cab, largest variety, or whatever. Also indicate why you feel CM is overwhelming, as that ought to be by far the easiest place to be looking for what you want.

Thanks, generally looking for prototypical (or plausible fictional) routes, detailed scenery etc. rolling stock that looks/sounds good and functions well.

My issue with CM is that there is so much on there and I have no point of reference for what is what, ie there’s no rating system, ability to sort by number of downloads etc so I’d really just be downloading blind without some guidance.

i’m hoping there are some obvious “must haves” from those more experienced with TRS19.

My issue with CM is that there is so much on there and I have no point of reference for what is what, ie there’s no rating system, ability to sort by number of downloads etc so I’d really just be downloading blind without some guidance.
You don't need a rating system because you don't know how others rate the assets. Use the filters to narrow the lists down to the assets you are interested in (type, region, era, etc). Then use the build number to identify what is new and what is old. Look at the descriptions, and use the author to guide you to the standard you are looking for. Then choose what to download and preview.

Back