How to stop a Portal from producing trains by rules?

t1324rrr

Hi!I know there is a rule named CPC emit trains for starting a Portal produce trains.But how tostop a Portal which is activated by CPC from producing trains?

If you open CPC you can click on-select whatever portal you want to change. If you want to permanently get rid of a train simply click on the consist and choose delete. If you want to stop for a specific time add wait for command for that train(consist).

If you open CPC you can click on-select whatever portal you want to change. If you want to permanently get rid of a train simply click on the consist and choose delete. If you want to stop for a specific time add wait for command for that train(consist).

I mean this.For example, I have made a portal start producing trains at 9 am by CPC and when it is 10am,I want it to stop making trains because there are too many trains on the route.How to do that on TS12?

If I remember correctly as for TS12, CPC should be the same as TANE. What is the frequency rate set for portal and also fluctuation settings. You can set timing far apart. But don't set fluctuation settings too far apart or it will defeat the whole purpose.

I mean this.For example, I have made a portal start producing trains at 9 am by CPC and when it is 10am,I want it to stop making trains because there are too many trains on the route.How to do that on TS12?

May I suggest that the last consist you want your Portal to produce be a 'specific' train, and in the driver commands, have it either drive to a trackmark or a 'Trigger' 100 metres down the line and stop dead.

Anything produced by the portal after that just shuts it down.

Good luck,
Roy

May I suggest that the last consist you want your Portal to produce be a 'specific' train, and in the driver commands, have it either drive to a trackmark or a 'Trigger' 100 metres down the line and stop dead.

Anything produced by the portal after that just shuts it down.

Good luck,
Roy

Thank you.I understand your idea.I'll try it.:)

Or you could put a dead end spur, just outside your Portal, and keep a permanently parked idling loco, or MOW speeder, on the spur track, and drive that loco out onto the "Main" to block traffic.

Last edited:
Or you could put a dead end spur, just outside your Portal, and keep a permanently parked idling loco, or MOW speeder, on the spur track, and drive that loco out onto the "Main" to block traffic.

Parking just outside the portal doesn't work because the consist coming out of the portal is "blind" to anything in the way and with plow right into it as if it doesn't exist. I know because I had a consist break a coupler and leave some boxcars on the line in front of an inbound portal. The next arriving freight pushed the boxcars down the line in front of it as if it wasn't even there.

To get this to work, a red signal can be activated by placing a dummy spur off the mainline far down from the portal at a longer distance than the length of the longest train that will be running on the line. This will then clog the line and nothing will drive, hopefully.

Back